A gamer doesn’t want anything, I repeat, anything to ruin their gaming experience. But sometimes annoying disturbances occur like a party pooper. For example, PS4 controller drift is an annoying problem that the gamers feel troubled about.
Let’s say that you have faith in your gaming skills and you have perfectly lined up a headshot, but you miss the shot because the controller suddenly goes out of your control. When your PS4 controller malfunctions, you see a steady movement happening on the screen when you are not even touching the controller.
The player may seem to be going in circles when PS4 controller drifting happens. It appears to gamers as if something has possessed their player. When this type of PS4 controller malfunction occurs, you can fix them by following a few methods.
This problem is not without any solution. In this article, I have talked about fixing ps4 controller drift. But first, let’s get to the root of the cause.
What Causes Ps4 Controller Drift?
There are a handful of reasons that can cause a controller to drift in PS4. Here are some of those reasons-
- Aggressive use of the controller. If you are playing games aggressively and striking the controller when playing a game.
- If the controller is dusty and dirty, it may cause this problem. For instance, if dirt accumulates around the analog stick, it may cause the controller to function poorly.
- If there was an accidental fall, then the controller may have taken damage from the fall; as a result, the controller drift may occur.
Fix PS4 Controller Drift with These Simple Methods
You can follow several methods to fix the controller drift in PS4. all of these methods tend to the different reasons that may have caused this problem. Here are those methods-
Reset Your PS4 Controller
You can fix the controller drift simply by resetting the controller settings.
- First, you need to power up the ps4. Then you have to use another working controller and go to the settings using it.
- You need to select the Devices option.
- Go to the Bluetooth devices option next.
- You have to find and select the inactive controller option.
- The active controller will show a green dot sign.
- On your controller, press the Options button.
- Select Forget Device in the menu.
- Turn off your PS4 device and then reconnect it.
- Use the problematic controller to see if the issue is resolved. If it is resolved, then you need not worry. Unless the problem is still there, you can follow the following method.
Clean The PS4 Controller
Another way of fixing the PS4 controller is by cleaning the controller. Cleaning your controller every once in a while not only keeps the controller clean but also gives the console a long life ahead.
Sometimes dirt may clog the functioning of the controller, so cleaning it may make it function again at its complete form. Here are the steps to clean your PS4 controller.
- First, you need to kill all the connections and power off everything.
- You can use a blow drier in cold settings to blow the dust off the controller.
- You need to focus on the analog stick and clean the dirt.
- If the air doesn’t reach all the places, you need to use a pointy thing( like a needle) and wrap it with tissue paper. You need to clean the joystick completely using these tools.
Replace The Analog Sticks
You can also fix the controller by replacing the analog sticks. But you will need a soldering iron and some other tools as well. But, unless you are handy with these tools, you should refrain from such action.
Also, you may lose the warranty for the controller if you tamper too much with it. So it would be better to buy a new one instead. On the other hand, the controllers are not that expensive; if the problem seems too critical to fix, we suggest getting yourself a new one instead of beating around the bushes. But if you have the necessary tools and expertise, you can try replacing the analog stick.
Claim Your Warranty
Did the warranty for your PS4 controller expire yet? If not, you can reach out to the customer service center of Sony and get your controller fixed at no time. Big companies like Sony have experts in their service centers who can look at your controller and fix it in no time.
But if the device is beyond repair and cannot fix it, you can get a new replacement for the drifting controller. Remember, replacements are only available if your warranty card is still valid.
No gamer would ever want to play on a drifting controller. However, if you face the same problem as mentioned in this article, you can follow the methods cited here.
You can reset the controller, client the controller’s analog sticks, replace the sticks, and even reach out for warranty service. If none of these work, we are sorry to suggest you buy a new one.
Max Rosie is a passionate blogger. She loves to share her thoughts, ideas, and experiences with the world through blogging. Max Rosie is associated with News stoner, Gossipment, World News Inn, Sb News Room, Finance Team, Emblem Wealth, Top Preference, Voice Of Action, Plus Life Styles & Proudly Updates.