One must be aware of the scenario, when you charge smartphone batteries, it degrades it quality, hence, iPhones are no exception. Fortunately, a weak battery doesn’t mean you need an all-new iPhone – you can replace the battery instead. If this is a path you want to take, here’s what you need to know. All smartphone batteries get weaker over time. Still, last year it was revealed that particular versions of iOS reduced the peak performance of older iPhone models with degraded batteries to prevent unexpected shutdowns. The decrease in peak performance should initially only be noticeable when using particularly demanding apps.
iPhones use lithium-ion batteries (as with all smartphones), which degrade over time due to the battery’s chemical composition. As a statement said by the Apply member, ‘it is designed to retain 80% of its original capacity after 500 complete recharges’. When you replace an old iPhone battery with a new one, it reinstates the performance as ‘normal’. Also, a fresh battery will mean your iPhone will last longer before going flat. This article explains the workings of an iPhone battery and how one can go about replacing it at iPhone repair San Francisco.
Inside a battery (iPhone)
The iPhone battery’s design is sophisticated and precise, and its advanced technology ensures excellent performance. But at the end of the day, it is a consumable item, and that will eventually deteriorate. The lifespan of a battery does depend on many factors; mainly the way it is being used. There are several secrets to maximizing the life of a cell and ensuring excellent performance. As per the estimation by Apple, the iPhone will lose close to 20% of its capacity after approximately 400 full charge & discharge cycles.
Here are a few tips to increase the life of your battery:
- Keep locations services off
- The setting for the Background App Refresh should be disabled.
- The auto-brightness setting should be enabled.
- Enable low power mode when the battery is low (20%)
- Check battery usage in the settings to view which App is consuming the most power.
Replacing the battery of your iPhone
Many reasons to replace iPhone battery are:
- Taking it to an iPhone repair shop: iPhone repair in Daly city offers several services like replacing a battery, screen repair, repairing one with water damage, fixing the glass, etc. Thus replacing a battery is not a very big task, nor is it a very time consuming one for them. The process of replacing an iPhone battery is likely to take not more than 1 hour in most cases.
- Approaching Apple: Taking it to Apple itself is like taking your car to a branded dealership. There is likely to be a long waitlist for the battery replacement, but they will give you the option of mailing it. The entire process can take up to 5 days.
- Doing it yourself: Replacing a battery of any other phone is as simple as opening the back section and sliding out the old one and replacing it with the new one that you may have purchased either online or from a store. Those who like replacing the engine oil on their vehicles themselves might relate with the process of doing it themselves. There are several videos online that can help education on the correct procedure to follow; however, in this case, it may lose the “waterproof’ rating. It also means handling small parts and paying attention to detail.
Thus, although there are several options when it comes to replacing the battery; opting for iPhone repair in Daly city might be the best alternative. Do not forget to check the warranty before returning it since opening the phone means voiding the warranty. The warranty period is usually for one year unless there is an AppleCare+ plan to extend it. If it is under warranty, you are entitled to a free replacement.