If you run a small business, then you need to do all you can to get customers. Your small business by nature won’t have a lot of marketing resources to do this. That’s why you need to implement SEO technology to support your small business.
Why Does SEO Technology Matter?
Regardless of the kind of small business you operate, potential consumers are looking online for the things they need. They use their favorite search engines, normally Google, to:
- Find businesses offering the services and products they need.
- See how well those businesses are rated and reviewed.
- Learn about those businesses, such as websites or local driving directions.
Once they get a list of potential places of business on Google, how well you rank matters, because:
- Two-thirds of search engine users trust higher ranked links more than others.
- More than nine in 10 won’t bother loading page two.
- Three out of four will use the top three links.
Your business link has to be on the first page, and your link needs to be above the fold. SEO technology is what gets you there.
What Can SEO Technology Do?
Whether you do it yourself or use an SEO reseller, even a basic search engine optimization campaign can:
- Boost your website rankings for certain keywords.
- Drive more traffic to your website.
- Increase your conversions among the traffic you get.
- Generate more revenue for your business.
How SEO Technology Works
There are many ways SEO technology can help your small business, but there are five in particular that help you rank well with Google:
- Content: High-caliber, relevant, and useful content, such as blog entries, make your site look on-topic and reputable.
- Backlinks: Good-quality backlinks from authoritative websites boost your small business profile.
- On-Page Optimization: Fixing the technical aspects of your site help the user experience and makes it easier for Google to index your content.
- Mobile-Friendly: Smartphones and tablets are dominating online growth, so Google prioritizes websites optimized for smaller screens.
- Keywords: Ranking for relevant but low-competition keywords helps you generate a captive audience.
If you’re not employing SEO technology to help out your small business, then you need to start right away. Find anything you can do with your own team or on your own to get started, but also consider enlisting the services of professionals who know the industry inside and out.