Table of Contents
How to take office 365 backup and recovery
Office 365 is one of the top choices for businesses to use for Email, organization, and collaboration because of global accessibility. Workforces are more important than ever before and to secure data availability is now a requirement. But what did this data accessibility include? Microsoft does not take backup of Office 365 data in any of the case of accident, outage or corruption.
How to take office 365 backup and recovery is the most common question that everyone searches for. In this blog, we will discuss simple methods for office 365 backup and recovery both manual as well as professional methods to Migrate office 365 file
Why Users need to take Office 365 Email Backup
- Microsoft 365 offers basic protection to deal with all the risks that may damage or corrupt your data, but there are many more things that it doesn’t protect you from, and there are side effects to some of them. Even if you feel you are well protected, the restore might be time taken and quite a bit more work if you don’t know any manual or professional methods. So, backup is a good thing for all of us.
- If we get a notification for running out of space, then we might clear the OneDrive files by removing documents that are old or seem less important. They also might delete old emails that may contain important attachments of data. This kind of data could get lost forever unless we take Office 365 backup and recovery.
Manual Methods to take Office 365 Backup Free
There are basically two manual methods to Data backup O365 :
- eDiscovery PST export tool
- Microsoft Outlook application
eDiscovery PST Export Tool
- Open your Office 365 mailbox with the login credentials. Open O365 Admin Center, then select Security Center. Now go to Permissions and edit the eDiscovery Manager role group.
- Now, go to the Search & Investigation option. Hit the add (+) button and start a new Content Search. Provide the name and click Next.
- Choose search check mark Exchange to export data from all the mailboxes. You can also select any specific mailboxes using Custom location option.
- Going on to the next step, you can provide filters like time range, email metadata (from, to, cc, bcc) and message types. Click Search and then in the next window, click Start export.
- Choose the desired options to export, click Start to start the process. In the Content Search dialogue box, you can also download the export results by clicking Download export results.
- Now in the eDiscovery tool. Paste the export key that you just copied. Now, provide the Export tool, a folder where you want to save the files.
Drawbacks of Using eDiscovery PST Export Tool
- It’s a time-consuming method.
- Office 365 archiving license is must for this.
- Selective mailboxes cannot be exported through this method.
By Using Microsoft Outlook Application
- Install The Outlook application, click Open & Export and then select Import/Export.
- In the Import and Export panel, select Export to a file and click Next.
- Then, select Outlook File (.pst) in the newly opened wizard. Then click Next.
- In the next step, you have to choose the folder items to move. Select the items or folder (public folder, mailbox) and click Next. And then the export begins to start.
Unique way to backup Office 365 mailbox data
Aryson Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool is the best and reliable software for your data to Office 365 backup and recovery. It allows us to take backup of Office 365 mailboxes into various file formats like it can take backup of office 365 mailboxes into PST, MBOX, PDF, EML, EMLX, etc. It is a professional and as well as risk free software which means it did not corrupt your data. It is a very safe and reliable software which provides us with various functions.
Step -by- Step Guide to take office 365 backup and recovery
Step 1: Install Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool.
Step 2: Complete the steps and run it as an administrator.
Step 3: Choose Single File or Multiple File/Folder options to add OST.
Step 4: Check the folder, and you can also preview mail and their attachments.
Step 5: Then, pick the PDF format from the drop-down list.
Step 6: According to your needs, opt with different features.
Step 7: Choose The Path To the Save button and assign the saving location.
Step 8: Choose the Convert button to start taking backup of Office 365 mailboxes.
Step 9: Moreover, you can also download the log report.
We have discussed various methods to take Office 365 backup mailboxes. I hope now your query has been resolved as I have discussed free manual methods and professional tools as well. For a better and instant solution, the user can go for a third-party professional tool which is Aryson Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool. It’s totally the user’s choice what option they will choose for their Data backup O365.
Bushra Zakir works as a Database Platform Consultant and Technical Writer at Aryson Technologies. She writes on email recovery, database recovery, email backup for cloud and webmail email clients, and DIY technology. She has almost two years of writing experience and has written about many technologies such as Cloud Computing, Intelligence, IoT, and Email Management.
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bushra-zakir-05379921a/