Image source: pexels.com
As we all know, Google is constantly changing and evolving their search engine algorithms to provide the best user experience possible. Recently, there has been talk of an upcoming Page Experience Update in 2022 that will impact how websites are ranked. In order to ensure your WordPress site is prepared for this update, here are some tips to follow.
With Google Page Experience Update, Google’s focus on providing the best user experience means that website owners must continually adapt to ensure they are meeting Google’s standards. The Page Experience Update slated for 2022 is no exception, and it’s important that you take necessary steps to prepare your WordPress site now. In this blog post, we will outline what you can do to make sure your site ranks well with Google this year.
1. Optimize your WordPress site for mobile
Since the Page Experience Update will likely place an increased emphasis on mobile friendliness, it’s important to make sure your WordPress site is optimized for mobile devices. There are a few ways you can do this:
– Use a responsive theme: A responsive theme will automatically adapt to the screen size of the device being used, ensuring a smooth user experience.
– Use a mobile plugin: If your theme isn’t responsive, you can use a mobile plugin to optimize your website for mobile devices.
– Optimize images: Make sure your images are properly sized for mobile devices and that they don’t slow down your site.
2. Improve your page speed
Page speed is another factor that will be taken into consideration with the Page Experience Update. In order to improve your page speed, you can follow these tips:
– Use a caching plugin: A caching plugin will help reduce the load time of your pages by caching your website’s static files.
– Optimize your images: As mentioned earlier, optimizing your images can help improve your page speed.
– Minimize HTTP requests: Reduce the number of HTTP requests on your pages to speed up loading time.
– Use a quality hosting provider: A high-quality hosting provider will ensure that your website loads quickly for your visitors.
3. Improve your website’s usability
The Page Experience Update will also place an emphasis on website usability. In order to improve the usability of your WordPress site, you can follow these tips:
– Use clear and concise titles: Make sure your titles are descriptive and help users understand what the page is about.
– Use easy to read fonts: Use fonts that are easy to read for your visitors.
– Use clear and concise headings: Headings help users scan your content quickly and understand the main points.
– Use lists and tables: Lists and tables are a great way to organize your content and make it easier for users to read.
4. Create valuable content
Google has always placed a premium on high-quality, valuable content. With the Page Experience Update, this will only become more important. In order to create valuable content, you should:
– Write quality articles: Make sure your articles are well written, informative and provide value to your visitors.
– Include images and videos: Images and videos can help break up the text and make your content more engaging.
– Use infographics: Infographics are a great way to present information in an easy-to-read format.
– Promote your content: Promote your content on social media, Google’s local search and through other channels to help get it in front of more people.
6. Optimize your website for SEO
Optimizing your website for SEO will help you rank higher with Google. In order to optimize your website for SEO, you can follow these tips:
– Use keywords in your titles and headings: Keywords help Google understand what your page is about and can help you rank higher in search results.
– Use keywords throughout your article: Use keywords throughout your article to help Google understand the topic of your page.
– Optimize your images: Make sure your images are properly named and tagged with relevant keywords.
– Add a sitemap: A sitemap helps Google index your website and can help you rank higher in search results.
– Use quality backlinks: Quality backlinks can help improve your website’s SEO.
7. Monitor your website’s performance
Finally, it’s important to monitor your website’s performance to ensure that it meets Google’s standards. You can do this by using the following tools:
– Google PageSpeed Insights: This tool analyzes your website and provides feedback on how to improve its page speed.
– Google Analytics: This tool tracks how many visitors your website is receiving, where they are coming from and what they are doing on your site.
– Webmaster Tools: This tool provides information on how Google is indexing your website and any errors that may be occurring.
The Page Experience Update is coming in 2022 and it’s important to make sure your WordPress site is ready for it. Google has made it clear that page speed and usability are going to be more important than ever, so it’s important to make sure your website is up to par. By following these tips, you can ensure that your site is ready for the update and that you will be able to reap the benefits.
We have used a customized WordPress theme for our website: https://www.xerago.com
Also, we have use a Page Speed Plugin called WP Rocket to improve the page speed. You can also try this plugin for Google’s page experince.