Welcome to an introduction to TikTok for personal branding to drive more sales and get profit!
TikTok is a popular Chinese video sharing network that allows users to create short form videos for up to 15 to 60 seconds. It has generated over 800 million active users every month, and it is the most downloaded app in the google play store and app store.
Do you know TikTok is a powerful branding platform for marketers and business owners?
Of course, it is the best destination to promote your personal brand to a wider audience. Because TikTok is more popular among teenagers and younger generations. It also gives you a chance to show your creative skills, ideas, talents, and thoughts in a smart and fast way.
In this article, I’ve given 15 smart ideas for you to promote your personal brand and drive more sales.
Let’s get started!
Idea 1: Download The TikTok App And Create Pro Account
Hera re the steps to download TikTok on your mobile device:
- Open the google play store and type TikTok in the search bar.
- Click the install button to download the app.
- Once it is installed, click open to access the app.
- Here, you can create your TikTok account or directly click the watch now button to watch TikTok videos instantly.
To convert your TikTok personal account into a pro account :
- Click the Me icon at the bottom of the TikTok screen.
- Tap three horizontal icons at the top of your profile.
- Select Privacy and setting -> to manage my account ->switch to a pro account
- Follow the further steps from there.
Idea 2: Introduce Yourself With The Platform
After creating a TikTok pro account, you should fill in your profile section. Here are some essential parts you have to upload on TikTok:
- Username – Add a unique and suitable name as your TikTok username that’s easy to remember.
- Profile Image – Insert your brand logo as a profile picture that helps users easily identify your TikTok account.
- Short Bio – Share some unique information about yourself in the Tiktok bio section.
Idea 3: Start To watch Other Users Videos
Once you create your TikTok account, you’re able to watch other creators’ videos and interact with them via tapping likes, posting comments, and more.
It will help you to find new ideas and make it easy to create your own videos, and understand what type of content works well on TikTok.
If you interact with the other creator’s content you did like, it makes a valuable connection to your TikTok videos.
Idea 4: Start Creating Engaging Videos
On TikTok or other social media platforms, no one is initially following you. If you create and upload videos regularly on your TikTok account, you will get a chance for people to start watching your videos and start to follow you.
How to create eye catchy videos?
- Make unique, engaging, and easy-to-understand videos.
- Use TikTok in-app editing features such as special effects & filters, timer, background transition, and so on.
- Use popular and trending songs that are relevant to your brand.
- Add engaging captions to boost your views.
Idea 5: Keep An Eye On Trendy Contents
TikTok is the most trendy platform in the world, and people update tons of content each day. The short video content encourages your audience to make interesting and entertaining videos of yourself. It is the best platform that is extremely trending and engaging to follow you.
Hence, you should upload videos of day to day life and posting unique stories, insights about your brand, product, or services. It will help you to reach your personal brand to a huge audience and drive traffic to your website.
Idea 6: Try To Create Original Videos
If you’re a creator and have the perfect content strategy, you have to make your content original videos.
For example, when you like to create lip syncing videos on TikTok that most people already lip syncing a song. Then, it does not help your content stand out from the crowd. Therefore, you should create videos that are unique from others, and it includes original content and concept.
Idea 7: Be Regular In Your TikTok Videos
Consistency is the best strategy to increase your brand reach and get people to your TikTok profile. You need to share something else about your brand in your videos, which helps your followers are waiting to watch your content every day.
Posting content regularly keeps your audience interests, laughing, and entertaining. It is the best way to gradually build a strong fan base for your TikTok account and increase your video’s engagement drastically.
Moreover, TikTok provides a pro account to measure your post’s engagement and the perfect time to upload content on TikTok. You can use this strategy to find the peak on TikTok and follow that time to schedule your TikTok videos.
Idea 8: Add Relevant Hashtags To Your Videos
Basically, hashtags are the pillars of your brand reach because they help to display your content to the exact audience.
If you want to promote your brand all over the TikTok world, you should use trending and perfect hashtags in your videos. It will help you reach a new audience on TikTok and connect people to other social platforms.
Idea 9: Start Engaging With Other TikTok Creators
Once your TikTok fan base and brand content have started to grow, you should look at the people and engage with them to follow you. Comments are the best part of building your social media connections and boost interactions.
If you reply/comment to other user’s content, you will get a chance to follow your TikTok profile.
TokTok provides a page for users to find hundreds of thousands of videos. The for you page displays videos based on the video you like to comment/share, the account you follow, and more. It is also the perfect place to find huge creators and interact with them.
Idea 10: Make Use Of TikTok Filters & Effects
TikTok filters are similar to Instagram filters, and it helps your videos to catch massive attention. You can apply TikTok filters to your videos, which helps to change your video’s look and feel and show your content in front of a wider audience. By default, TikTok filters come in four different categories, they are:
TikTok effects are used to add a customized and attractive look to your videos. You can add TikTok effects before and after you create a video, but some effects are only available before or after. Here are few TikTok effects:
- Galaxy glasses
- Emoji face
- Green screen effect
- Split screen
- Solo switch
Idea 11: Collaborate With TikTok Influencers
TikTok influencer marketing strategy has the power of showing your brand, products, and services to tons of potential customers and new audiences. It will help you to create a successful campaign on TikTok and generate sales.
Working with influencers can be helpful because these people already have a massive fan base and quality content. In fact, most people decided to purchase products based on the influencer’s recommendations.
Idea 12: Go Live
In 2019, TikTok introduced a live feature for users to connect their fans and followers in real time. Going live on TikTok is the perfect way to generate your sales growth because it gives you a chance to share more about your brand through long form videos. You can also directly connect with your followers via TikTok live video feature.
- To go live on TikTok,
- Open Tik Tok app
- Click the + sign at the bottom center of the screen.
- Tap the live button next to the record option.
- Enter your live stream title and select the go live option to start.
- Click ‘X’ if you’ve completed.
Idea 13: Use Other Social Platforms
If you already have a large following on other social platforms than TikTok, you can promote your TikTok content there. TikTok allows you to easily share your videos on other social channels like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
When you decide to share your content on other platforms, you should add a clear description of your videos and add engaging CTA’s. It will help to invite followers to your Tiktok profile immediately.
Idea 14: Use TikTok Ads Feature
TikTok provides four different types of advertising features, which helps to reach your brand in front of a huge following. Here are the types of TikTok Ads;
- Infeed video ads – It is a short form video that appears on TikTok users for you page.
- Brand takeover ads – It is the purest form of ads, and it displays immediately once the user opens the app.
- Branded lenses – These are custom stickers, AR filters & lenses, and you can add them to your videos.
- Branded hashtag challenge – It is a banner type ad, and it encourages your audience to create & recreate videos of themselves and post them with specific hashtags.
Idea 15: Keep Tracking Your Analytics
TikTok analytics is the best tool to track your TikTok profile, insights of your best and poor contents, follower’s demographic, and the overall performance of your TikTok account.
To see your TikTok analytics,
- Go to your TikTok profile
- Click three dots at the upper right corner
- Select settings and privacy tab.
- Under the account option, you can find the analytics section.
If you get the TikTok analytics page, you will see three main categories such as,
- Profile overview
- Content insights
- Followers insights
Alison Williams is a social media content writer who works at Flatfitty, she is an experienced social media analyst, and her passion is to contribute to engaging content for authority blogs and websites. You can also visit her online at Twitter.com!