In a country like India, finding the right credit card is very difficult, especially in a market scenario where 29 centralized banks have marginalized and the privatized banks are struggling to sustain the banking business!
It’s a tough thing to which credit card is worthy of availing the benefits you’re seeking.
While some cards are only meant for an excellent reward program that’s beneficial for shopping while the others are fully loaded with travel leverages.
Does that mean you have to maintain multiple credit cards for settling your online purchasing bills, another for booking your flight/train fares/paying your hotel bills while you’re on a tour and another one for some other credit benefit?
Of course not! That’s why before selection the credit card of a bank, it’s important for the user to be a good schemer first. That way the user may know which credit scheme suits his/her requirement whenever the individual decides to take a financial loan from the bank.
Here are few interesting credit facilities that some of the top Indian banks will offer from 2020, they are:
1. American Express Credit Card
Presented from the house of American Express, The Membership Rewards Credit Card coming from American Express Bank is ideal for those who choose to live their life on credit facilities.
Primarily meant for prime customers, this card primarily targets those who spend significant time of their day to earn rewards with redeemable points. Undoubtedly it’s a pretty much gain for maximum customers, who are looking for a credit card facility because,
- It’s annual fee is 1000/- + GST
- Renewal fee: 4500/- + GST
- 4000 hrs. bonus membership card award as a welcome gift
- Lucrative bonus membership reward up to 1000 on making 4 transactions of 1000/- per month
- 5000 bonus MR points on payment of annual membership fee in the second year
- Earning 1 MR point for 50/- spent on card across all categories except fuel utilities, insurance, cash advance etc.
- 20% discount at selected restaurants in India
- Zero cost lost card liability added
- Emergency card replacement facilities provided
So if you’re a frequent online shopper, love to order online foods, book restaurants online, seek this credit card facility for yourself, cherio!
2. Citi Premier Miles Credit Card
Primarily meant for those who won’t bother shelling money on their card credit fees, Citi Premier Miles Credit Card is suitable for them. With exclusive travel benefits, like air miles on every spend, access to different lounge cum bars, added discount on travel deals this card is meant for those customers who frequently have to travel from time to time.
With the requirement to pay an annual fee of Rs. 3000/*- and renewal fee of Rs. 3000/*-, (GST added) one can:
- Spend an amount of Rs. 1000/*- within 60 days of card insurance with added 10000 bonus miles.
- Get accumulated air miles in the credit card never expires
- Easily enjoy access to airport lounges in India and in foreign countries
- Quickly earn 10 miles for every transaction of Rs. 100/*- made with any airlines across the globe
Those who’re involved with a profession where the individual has to travel from time to time are the suitable user of the card. It decreases cash transactions and helps the user to gain redeemed points on each swipe of the credit card.
3. HSBC platinum card
Is there anyone who hasn’t heard about the HSBC platinum card? Of course not! After all nobody can deny a credit card when it comes with:
- Zero annual and renewal fee
- 2000/*- gift voucher from Clear trip on making first transaction
- Getting 10% cashback up to Rs. 2500/*- within 90 days from the issuing date of the card
- 3x rewards on hotel, telecom and dining expenses for the first 12 months
- 5 times accelerated reward on each purchase after reaching a total spending limit of 4 lakh
- Entertainment ticket voucher of Rs. 500/*- on reaching a spending amount of Rs. 50000 a month.
- Fuel surcharge waiver all across the petrol pumps in India on fuel transactions worth between Rs. 400/*- and Rs. 4000/*- for a maximum of Rs. 250/*- waiver a month
If you haven’t heard of it then it’s the right card for you as you don’t have to pay a single penny from your pocket for its maintenance and renewal fees.
4. Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card
Are you a frequent shopper, hit restaurants for dining out? Then this is your call.
Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Card mainly provides
- Reward points
- Discount on each swipe
- Cashback and reward point facility
- Nominal annual and card renewal fee that remains fixed within Rs. 999/*- (GST) added
- Gift voucher from Book My Show of Rs. 2000/*- on making the first transaction within 90 days from the date of issue
- 5% cashback on using the credit card at supermarkets
- Multiple offers for shopping, traveling and dining coming under different category
- Contactless payment facility added in the card at POS terminals
- 3X reward points on every expense
If you’re looking for a credit card that may include any of these options or all of these, feel free to apply for Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Card for enjoying one such outstanding credit facility.
5. HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
Wherever the best credit cards are available in India, HDFC Regalia First Credit Card is the highlighter with its quality features and benefits, which are hard to find at such a minimal price in any other premium card.
This credit card offers you a plethora of benefits:
⮚ Under the Access Visa Lounge / MasterCard Program 8 complimentary access to the home lounges a year
⮚ On reaching a Rs. 6-lakh spending mark, earn 7,500 bonus points
⮚ Gain unique dining privileges providing up to 40% discount at certain restaurants
⮚ Earn 4 Reward points for a free priority pass membership and passes to more than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide.
ICICI Bank has launched a Platinum Chip Credit Card that offers numerous advantages such as reward points, fuel surcharge waiving, a dining discount and more and is thus one of the best credit cards for your spending in India.
⮚ You can make a contactless payment by simply waving the card in front of an NFC POS terminal
⮚ Gain 1 PAYBACK point for each Rs. 100 charged for insurance premium and services
⮚ Earn 2 PAYBACK points for each Rs. 100 spent for all categories other than fuel
⮚ Win accrued awards for exciting gift bills and merchandise Avail 1% waiver of fuel surcharges at Hpcle Pumps
7. simply click SBI Card
To make the most of your online purchases, simply click SBI Card is one of the best cards to choose from. You earn up to 10X reward points together with a reduction in online spending, making it most appropriate for shopping enthusiasts.
● Get an Rs. 500 regal voucher as the welcome regal
● Earn 1 reward point per 100 rs spent on a card Get 5X rewards on any online spending and 10X rewards on online spending with sole SBI card partners.
● Enjoy a 1% exemption from fuel surcharge in transactions for Rs. 500-Rs. 3000 per billing cycle subject to a maximum exemption of Rs. 100
● Spend Rs. 1 lakh per year and get the annual fee of Rs 500 reversed.
8. American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card
If you always think of travel, then you should pay attention to American Express ® Platinum Travel Credit Card. This exclusive travel credit card offers you travel vouchers, lounge trips to the airport and exclusive MakeMyTrip deals. This top credit card offers additional benefits for tour enthusiasts:
● Receive a welcome gift of 5000 bonus
● Membership Reward points which can be charged for Rs. 4.000
● Get vouchers 1 MR for Rs. 50 for all expenditures with the exception of payment of bills of utilities, fuel, insurance, and cash transactions
● For spending Rs 1.90 lakh in one year, get vouchers for Rs. 7.700
● In one year you get an investment target of Rs. 4 lakH and additional vouchers for Rs. 11.800 Enjoy
9. Indian Oil Citibank Platinum Credit Card
If you are concerned with the increased cost of fuel and are looking actively for ways to save a few bucks, then you should consider IndianOil Citibank Platinum Credit Card. This card is listed in the top ten credit cards in 2019 and has a number of other advantages, as can be found below.
● Get up to 71 liters of free fuel each year as a fuel surcharge waive and as an exception to turbor points
● Win 4 Turbo points on every Rs. 150 spent on registered IndiaOil retail outlets throughout the country
● Get 2 Turbo points on Rs. 150 on food and grocery expenditure and 1 Turbo points on all other spending.
10. SBI Card Elite
If you urge to get unique shopping coupons from several Premier brands as a welcome gift with movie ticket value, accelerated reward points, gratuitous lounge tours, club Vistara membership and more, SBI Card Elite is the perfect companion of your lifestyle. In 2019, some of the benefits of this top credit card are:
● Get a free movie ticket worth Rs 5,000 per year as a Rs. 250 voucher every month
● On annual expenses of Rs. 3 lakh and 4 lakh, get 10,000 bonus points
● Win 2 Reward points every Rs. 100 in every category, with the exception of petrol, increase your reward income 5 times wheel
● Get welcome E-Gift Voucher worth Rs. 5,000 from Yatra, Hus Puppies, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop and Marks & Spencer
So, this is the list of top 10 credit cards. Which one you want to opt for in the coming year?
Pooja Shah is a Content Writer at Financesage.net. It is a blog where I cover financial tips related website which is working towards investors to take better financial decisions and make the best choices while buying financial things and for better financial life.