How Spread of Pandemic Coronavirus Affected the Digital World?
Pandemic time of coronavirus has impacted the entire world and lead to many crises in such a way that all businesses, school education, and public places are all now closed. However, many companies have been encouraging their employees to carry out work from home. The primary concern is the safety and the human lives to deal with the worries of coronavirus. The government have been asking people for avoiding crowds that people generally form due to their enjoyment and parties.
Also, the spread of pandemic has even affected the entire digital ecosystem, including:
- All the employees have been working remotely.
- Cancellation in the trade shows and conferences
- Increased health issues and discussions
- The stopped supply chain of the products
- Uncertainty problems and the possibility of a recession
A sudden change among people
- A sudden change in the lifestyle is all due to people residing indoors. Now the consumers have been spending a lot of time on the online platform by either increasing the use of social media or watching videos. All the brand products are offline today, and in the mere future, they will produce new products so that they can adapt to the modern lifestyle.
- Currently, the companies have been announcing the cutbacks daily one by one. The economy has been down, and it will be hard to reach the present time back by even 2021. Marketers are in tension and wonder what they should do to come out of an uncertain future.
- All the people are facing a new phase of life that they haven’t expected any time before this. They are all trying to move out of this situation.
What behaviour are marketers showing off?
Short time adaptations
According to recent research, 61% of marketers have been working to alert short time media. But out of these only 9% of the people are working to change to long-term. There is a movement from offline to online, and it has put an impact on having a digitalized world. The shift of people to the digital network has not been astonishing due to corona effects.
Long time concerns
The main issue is that there is no confirmation when the whole world will get rid of this pandemic, and all will enjoy a previous life. Also, we have even seen that economy has gone down such that GDP rates are challenging to reach previous ones even by 2021. However, maybe online services would improve advertising by especially working on online channels.
Many services, including food delivery and news, have received maximum benefits in the pandemic time. For sure, these people will show a good market share and increase spending.
Remote work started with the cancellation of conferences.
Most of the digital marketing companies are now working from home because according to the strict government considerations, they cannot form large crowds. All this is because of health concerns. The whole month of April has been gone working remotely. Now even other technology companies have started their online work with employees working flexibly sitting at home.
The spread of the virus has not decreased until now. It is like a go forward option that has likely swear not to stop killing people.
But with this pandemic time, it has stopped many small level businesses, and online digital work is possible to carry out. But the issue is due to reduced conferences and interaction, and the work has slowed down on a high rate. It has resulted in creativity loss in office work. To work in the remote can be a flexible option, but it has even faced ethical challenges when it comes to solving problems of a person. There are no-results for in-group collaborations. There is no face to face meetings.
Today, all the marketers and sales professionals have been undergoing all the virtual events through online platforms. They conduct video conferencing and webinars for the office employees to work together. Even many companies are offering SaaS tools.
What is consumer behaviour change seen in the pandemic time?
- More and more people have been looking to work from home, and hence it has naturally increased the time spent. Thus online platforms have been leading to improvement in ad inventory in the various platforms. But there has been a reduction in the sales of the business scale.
- All people have to stay inside their homes due to world lockdown. Thus now, online services will face high demand that has provided the services to consumer door.
- The demands of the consumer will face drastic results. There will be a change in the income, and most affected results will be seen with small scale workers and daily earners. The marketers have to now keep a track on their performance and the past data to adjust in the coming future.
Will market shift and how will it happen?
- Marketers have to perform their best. They have to stay at the top of the latest trends and look into their performance very often. Also, they need to look for the new consumer behaviour that will help to drive high achievable marketing strategies are progressing forward.
- Users being at home, the demands and in-store traffic numbers in falling. If it continues then TV activities will naturally improve, and the advertisers can reach out the target users at this time. They will invest on television, direct advertisement through mailing, and digital advertising. It will be all due to a decrease in public foot traffic.
People are just fed up staying indoor every time. Now they have been looking for the day of the world to be corona free. It has put a minimum impact on the lives of people. But till that time, it is a request to the people that they do not socialize with other people and form big crowds. However, you need to take care of adequately keeping yourself sanitized. You need to save yourself from such pandemic time and thus contribute to help the caretakers too.
As far as we consider marketing, it has gone double down than the previous one. But you need to show courage and don’t feel scared to move ahead to face new challenges. It’s time to work jointly sitting remotely.
Jignesh Vaghasiya is the CEO at Universal Stream Solution. Universal Stream Solution is a web development company in Atlanta (http://www.universalstreamsolution.com/). That helps startups to enterprise companies in mobile & web technology.