In the 21st Century, merely setting up a business is not enough. The world has gone digital, and that is where the customers are. Not only does an online mean more visitors, but it also improves the rate of retention. Conversion rates also improve, and the profit margins increase. Therefore, businesses cannot afford to ignore the online world.
But, what is an effective online campaign? And which are the fundamentals of marketing? Today’s consumers use search engines to find services and products. So, your target audience will most likely reach your website through Google or Bing. Therefore, you have to focus on search engine optimization to attract users to your site. If you are familiar with digital marketing, then you might have heard about this term before. You might have already read web posts offering generic solutions to the SEO problem. While things like writing better content and improving user experience are necessary, they are too vague to follow. The bombardment of tips might end up becoming overwhelming.
For ease of understanding, we have divided the SEO tips into different categories. There are Basic, Mobile, Content, Link Building, and local tips. You can pick and choose anyone to improve your SEO.
Remember that you are competing with many others to provide excellent service to customers. Nowadays, companies are attracting consumers with content and SEO tips. You must perform better than them to improve the performance of your website.
Without further ado, here are SEO tactics to outrun the competition.
LINK BUILDING TIPS
According to research, backlinks are directly proportional to higher ratings. But, what are backlinks? They are links that connect one page on a website to another page on another website.
- Follow recommended practices: Google strikes down those websites that have bad or spammy links. Therefore, avoid such links at any cost. If Google catches even a hint of manipulation, it will devalue all of your links. Have a targeted and strategic plan in place to improve the authority of your webpage.
- Be strategic: Instead of building more links, think about the linking structure. Add all your links where they are needed. Invest your time, money, and effort into creating link-worthy posts. Connect your webpages with your content and keywords to get the benefit of link building.
Since September 2020, Google is prioritizing mobile sites over desktop ones. Google will index mobile sites before any other websites. Moreover, Google considers rankings from mobile users to determine SERPs.
- Responsive Web Design: Every mobile has a different screen size. Therefore, the display settings of mobile sites must change according to the unique size of every user. You can do so by using a responsive web design on your webpage. Furthermore, a responsive web design will make crawling more efficient and decrease page download times.
- Invest in Progressive Web Apps: These applications work offline. They use new features of browsers to create a better experience for users. According to experts, PWA will replace half of the consumer-facing apps in the future. There are many advantages of PWAs. They work offline. They also weigh less and load faster. Many leading brands, such as Starbucks, are using this technology to increase traffic.
- Think about topics: People usually concentrate on keywords. Instead, they should focus on their themes because they are holistic. Begin with a strategy. What does your website need? Every business has unique needs. Smaller sites for local vendors focus on early funnel content, while established companies need in-depth information. Then research your competitors to understand what ranks well in your industry. Lastly, write your content and dominate the market.
- Optimize for voice search: Voice assistant and voice searches have changed how users search for things. According to one figure, people do 1 billion voice searches every month. Additionally, teens prefer voice searches over written ones. The difference between traditional search engine searching and voice search is that it is conversational. Furthermore, the phrases are longer. Use long-tail keywords to optimize your content for voice search.
- Use Video: Video content is more popular than ever. According to research, videos are 50 times more likely to rank than plain text posts. Furthermore, video content has a higher chance of making it to the first page of Google search results. While the production costs of videos are high, the payback is high. Therefore, start recording and maximizing SEO.
- Focus on domains: Domains are the readable internet addresses. Each website has a unique domain name. It is necessary to make domain names more memorable. Research suggests that names without numbers and non-standard characters are easier to remember. As a rule of thumb, only have two to four words in your URLs. Use hyphens instead of underscores and avid capital letters since they are case-sensitive. Not only does this make your URL memorable, but it also makes it search engine friendly.
- Optimize Images: Images drain loading times and affect website rankings. According to research, users prefer sites with less than 2 seconds of load timings. And the brunt of the speed is used to load pictures. But you cannot make do without images as well. Most people are visual learners, so visual aids are necessary for user experience. Therefore, it is vital to focus on them to improve SEO. Reduce image size and compress them. You can also install apps to bulk compress images.
LOCAL SEO TIPS:
- Focus on Local Guides: With the popularity of digital assistants on the rise, search engines prefer hyper-localized search results. Most people ask assistants about local vendors instead of making general queries. Imagine that you are in the mood for some pizza at night. You will not say “pizza near me,” instead, you will ask Siri: “who delivers pizza at night?” The search result will give a list of local pizza makers who deliver to your location at night. To improve the chances of ranking in these results, add local keywords.
- Take advantage of trip planning: Google has launched another service for travelers. Fortunately, you can take advantage of this service to increase traffic. Doing so will help you get more leads and foster growth. If you offer local services, create a Google My Business account. Then verify it and add your information. Optimize the page title and description.
Hopefully, you have found these tips helpful. Follow them to improve your ranking and increase traffic. However, before embarking on the SEO journey, it is better to analyze your page. Run an SEO analysis tool to highlight the issues and work on them. Remember that SEO tricks are evolving all time. Therefore, keep an eye on any recent developments. Do not expect instantaneous results from your SEO campaign.