Webinars are and were a significant influence in the realm of disseminating information well before remote work became popular. They are now among the foundational elements of generating leads and learning online.
The point is well-made. To scale your business, you must begin using webinars.
Table of Contents
A rundown of our best tips to successfully promote your webinar online
Creating fantastic webinar decks is undoubtedly the first stage, but any webinar won’t be successful unless your targeted prospects sign up and attend. The upshot of excellent and deliberate webinar promotional strategies results in a session that is a hit.
In light of this, let’s examine the top online webinar promotion techniques in the sections below.
1. Get the timing of your advertisements right
According to studies, there are some days and periods when conversions are higher than others. For instance, the Webinar Benchmark 2020 report from ON24 was created after hundreds of webinars were examined. More than 50% of those who sign up do so at least 8 days prior to the scheduled date.
This further demonstrates how crucial it is to begin publicizing your webinar significantly earlier than the planned day. We advise you to begin at least one month beforehand.
In light of that, the following are some scheduling recommendations for your online webinar promotions:
- Most enrollments, amounting to 24% of all signups, are reported to occur on Tuesdays. Don’t forget to start important promotions each Tuesday.
- Mornings are noted for having a boost in registrations, particularly between 8 am to 10 am. Conduct promotions earlier in the day considering the time zones of your leads.
2. Optimize the landing page for your webinar
Your webinar signup page has a significant impact on your registration rate. Ensure that it is optimized to effectively communicate the full benefit of participating in your webinar.
It should be modified to include compelling text and images, benefit-focused headings, authoritative badges, social evidence, and video testimonies from previous webinar participants.
Consider the webinar landing page for Mastin Kipp. Numerous details on this page are perfect. As you’ve seen, the title expresses a very specific benefit. There are several coordinated CTAs, with no external links to divert visitors. The visitor’s registration for the session was the only goal.
Here are some extra actions you can implement to develop your webinar’s landing page:
- Consolidate form fields. When you make your form simple to complete, more individuals will register for your session. Request only for what you really need.
- Embed a video because it can increase traffic and conversions. Produce brief, customized short videos that may be modified and have subtitles added to them automatically.
3. Use your email database
The participation in and effectiveness of your webinars can be significantly impacted by email marketing. It’s among the best strategies for getting a prospective customer to sign up for your webinar.
Compared to the typical open rate of 18% for emails, webinar email messages can achieve open rates of up to 72%. For the folks on your mailing list, generate a unique email sequence for the webinar and put it on auto-mode. A sample email chain is provided below to help you in getting started:
- First email: Publish a blog entry relevant to your session in your first email and include a request for people to sign up for it.
- Second email: Describe the experts and why you should pay attention to them. Provide a sneak preview of the webinar’s topics.
- Third email: A day prior to the webinar, inform your attendees.
- Fourth email: Notify your participants an hour prior to the webinar.
- Fifth email: Send a recording to those who skipped the session and appreciate your audience straight away.
Finally, after the email sequence has ended, continue to send emails to prospects and attendees. Include them in additional automated email campaigns that will benefit them once you receive their consent.
4. Promote your website properties
Do you own a site or an additional online asset that receives a lot of visitors? If the response is affirmative, you shouldn’t pass up this chance. A webinar advertisement should be placed on the most popular pages, as seen in the illustration below.
Here are some suggestions that will be useful:
- Attach your banner advertisement to your site’s ‘events and resources’ pages. It might be a smart step to launch an ‘events’ section if you do not already have one. You can create an event poster to use as a banner using PosterMyWall.
- Place the banner advert just above folds on both the homepage of your blog plus your blog.
- Showcase your advertisements on your ‘confirmation and thank you’ web pages once somebody signs up for your newsletters or makes a purchase.
- Create blog entries on subjects relevant to your event, then place a CTA inviting readers to register for it next to the article.
- You can develop relevant articles for your knowledge base to provide useful information regarding your items when your webinar’s goal is to present new products.
These expertly written and simple-to-read articles can assist website visitors to comprehend your offerings more quickly and expand your consumer base.
- Use stunning event flyers and other professional invites and share them on your social media platforms.
5. Access your social networks
Approximately 3.6 billion of the global population used social media in 2020. In 2025, this figure is anticipated to rise to over 4.41 billion. This demonstrates how effective social marketing can be in promoting your webinar.
Choose the social networks where your potential customers are most commonly present. After that, produce a set of posts on social media to enlighten and nudge potential attendees to sign up for your webinars.
Make sure you personalize the images and information for each social networking site, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Include the experts’ pictures and biographies in your promotional materials if your session will feature guests, and be sure to mention them in your online posts.
Lastly, don’t undervalue the influence of hashtags. You should use the correct hashtags to promote your webinar on social media to people who aren’t already following you.
6. Be active in groups and communities
There are several virtual forums that are relevant to your industry. For instance, go to Facebook and browse for the communities in your industry and begin advertising your webinar there. You can then ask to join those groups that have a big and dynamic membership. Here are a few examples of Facebook groups.
As soon as you join the group, begin participating in discussions and bringing up your webinars whenever it is pertinent. But be careful not to overdo it because doing so will lead to your posts being reported as spam and removed from the forum. Prioritize really enhancing the current discussions.
By allowing participants to contribute to the design of your webinars, you may further boost engagement.
7. Make short, digestible video segments
Although this strategy does not specifically market your webinar, it supports all the other great practices discussed in this post.
Consider using brief video snippets as your getaway to best promote webinars. Your approach will be considerably more effective and receive more participation with videos than it will be using plain text, regardless of whether you are marketing your webinar on your website, email newsletter, social networks, or other channels.
In actuality, more marketers—85.7% agree that videos are now more crucial to businesses than other types of content.
In conclusion, remember who your targeted audience is, and think carefully before forming partnerships. Undoubtedly, a good webinar requires a lot of work. However, if done correctly, your efforts won’t be in vain.