2019 has been the year for the enthusiasts who are looking for fitness gadgets at an affordable price. Xiaomi Band 4 just got better in terms of features and price. Amidst the market of smart gadgets, Xiaomi band 4 came out with the AMOLED coloured display assisted by cool watch faces. This latest version of Mi Band has a superior battery than the previous version—135 mAh battery.
This new band is integrated with a number of useful features. If you are a fitness freak and wish to boast your band and use it right, here are some of the unpopular tips and tricks:
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 unpopular tips and tricks
How to Switch Between Multiple Watch Faces?
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 comes with a coloured display. This spices up the look of the band, and when you are relaxing after a good long run, you can actually play with the watch faces. There are about 4-5 watch faces that you can choose from.
Below is a step-by-step process to switch between multiple faces:
- Locate the more button on your Xiaomi Mi Band
- Now select the Band Display option on your band
- Here you can scroll the options and select a preferred watch face.
- If you do not like the options, use your phone to unlock dozens of watch face options.
- Go to the Mi Fit app and tap on the Profile section
- Now tap the Mi Band 4 option and then tap on the Band Display option to find multiple options for watch faces.
- Choose the watch face you like and sync it with your band.
How to Turn on the Night Mode in Xiaomi Mi Band 4?
Too much brightness can not only take a toll on your good night’s sleep, but also on your band’s battery life. In this version of the band, you have an option to turn on the night mode in your band with a few steps.
Below are some of the steps you should follow to reduce the brightness of your Xiaomi Band Use your smartphone and choose Mi Fit app.
- Go to your profile and select Mi Band 4.
- Now select night mode and you will see that your screen has turned less bright.
- You can select the time duration until when you want to keep this level of brightness. Alternatively, you can also set a time for the night mode so that you don’t have to use your phone every day.
How to Set the Heart Rate Detection Feature in Xiaomi Mi Band 4?
One of the unique feature offered by Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is the detection of heart rate. This new band allows you to even select the detection method and the detection frequency.
Below is the step-by-step guide to activate the heart rate detection feature in Xiaomi Mi Band 4:
- Open the Mi Fit app on your smartphone and go to your profile.
- Select the Mi Band 4 option on your smartphone.
- Now select the band settings and choose Heart Rate Detection.
- Once you select the Heart Rate Detection option, you will find Detection method.
- Here you will find three options to choose from the detection method.
This will not only let you understand your heart rate but also your sleep pattern. Here, it is important for you to know that these heavy processes may consume a lot of battery.
How to Personalise the App Notification in Xiaomi Mi Band 4?
Wish to view the notifications on your fitness band? Your Xiaomi Mi Band can do it for you.
On the contrary, do you wish to pause all the notifications and take a long run instead?
Your Xiaomi Mi Band 4 can do it for you.
Below are the steps that you can follow to personalise the notifications on your Xiaomi Mi Band 4:
- Open the Mi Fitness app on your smartphone and go to settings.
- Go to App Alerts and switch the toggle to turn on the notification.
- Tap on the Manage app and select the apps for which you want the notifications.
- If you want to refine the experience further, push the ‘only receive when the screen is off’ toggle.
How to Activate the Idle Alerts in Xiaomi Mi Band 4?
You saw the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 on the Internet or on the wrist of your friend and had serious fitness goals. However, after buying the band if you have been procrastinating about your fitness, you can use the activate the idle alert feature.
Step-by-step guide to activate the idle feature on your Xiaomi Mi Band 4:
- Open your Mi Fitness app and go to settings.
- Now, go to the Idle alert and toggle it on.
- Once you turn it on, options such as vibration, start time, and end time are enabled, which you can set as per your preference.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is a delight for the fitness freaks with myriads of features. Besides the ones mentioned above, you can lock the band and adjust the display settings. Now, you can be on the move with your Xiaomi Mi Band 4 and enjoy these features.
Sachin Prajapati is Author at Weararena. Having experience with 2 years of writing about wearable things and other gadgets. I love to explore and write on different topics of new technologies news and wearable gadgets reviews.