Do you want to create your own music and are you looking for the best audio mixer apps that can help you do it? Don’t worry! We have some mind-boggling sound-mixing apps (for iOS and Android) that will funk up your creativity.
Gone are the days when mixing music was just a part of the DJ profession or some timeless Coke Studio channels. With the emerging powerful social media platforms, everyone is interested in creating something of their own, and music plays an important role among all of these.
So, whether you are a musician who is in search of creating something new, an influencer who wants to add custom sound to their reels or videos, or a person who simply wants to create their own ringtones, the below-listed audio mixer apps will help you in mixing your own music and unleashing your artistry to the next level.
So, let’s dive into them.
Best audio-mixer apps to create your own music
WavePad Audio Editor (Android and iOS)
WavePad Audio Editor (Android) or WavePad Music and Audio Editor (iOS) is a free, fully functional audio-mixing app. It lets you professionally record, edit, and mix all kinds of sounds or audio or voice recordings to create your own music. You can easily cut, copy, and paste any part of your recordings and spice them up with effects like noise reduction, amplification, or echo. You can incorporate these effects using the best soundboard apps as well.
Furthermore, the app supports a number of audio formats, including GSM, VOX, and more. So, regardless of whether you are a rookie with a keen interest in mixing audio or a professional, this app offers all the tools you need.
- Sound editing tools include such as insert, cut, copy, paste, delete, pitch shifting, compression, and more.
- Supports almost all kinds of audio and music formats, such as MP3, WAV, GSM, AU, AAC, and more.
- One-of-a-kind audio effects such as reverb, normalizer, envelope, and more
- Integration with Virtual Studio technology and the DirectX plugin provides you access to thousands of additional tools and effects.
- An easy-to-use interface that lets you edit audio in a couple of minutes.
- Advanced audio features such as spectral analysis, text-to-speech, and voice changer are also available.
- Allows stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24, or 32 bits, and sampling speeds of 6 to 192 kHz.
The app is free to use. However, there are in-app purchases (one-time payments) and subscriptions (billed monthly).
AudioLab Audio Editor Recorder (Android)
From simple audio trimming to an audio recorder, ringtone maker, and advanced audio effects, AudioLab Audio Editor Recorder by Hitrolab is the one-stop solution for all your sound editing needs. This app is free, works amazingly on all Android devices, and has over 10 million downloads on the Google Play Store. This audio mixer offers a handful of potential features. Let’s take a look at them.
- Provides an array of audio editing options, including trim, mix, merge, record audio, tag editor, voice changer, ringtone maker, and more.
- Speechlab, an app that converts speech to text and text to speech and lets you easily create an audio file from text, is completely free.
- integration with MP3LAB that lets you convert any audio or video file into MP3.
- Supports different types of video file formats, such as MP4, MKV, FLV, AVI, WMV, and more.
- Supports different types of audio file formats such as mp3, wav, m4a, acc, flac, 3gp, ogg, and more.
- Support CBR and VBR bitrates.
- Additional features include a dark theme, tag editing, an output folder, and dynamic color added for 11+ Android devices.
The app is free to use. However, there are ads and in-app purchases.
Edjing Mix (iOS and Android)
Another excellent freemium go-to audio-mixer app for aspiring DJs or music professionals is Edjing Mix. With its intuitive interface, millions of soundtracks, and the largest DJ community, anyone can superbly recreate the era of mashups and remixes. This audio mixer offers a handful of potential features. Let’s take a look at them.
- Spice up your music with the wide collection of 70 million fine tracks specially handcrafted by music professionals.
- A dedicated “My Sets” section to retrieve all your mashups, mixes, and playlists.
- Highly compatible with TIDAL, SoundCloud Go+, iCloud, Dropbox, Drive, and more in the upcoming queue.
- Offers all the Pro DJ setup tools, such as Pro DJFX (for available effects), auto-sync, a sampler (to remix your music in real-time), sharing mixes on all social media platforms, auto-mixing, and more.
The app is free to use with ads and in-app purchases. Also, upgrading to a pro subscription lets you access all the present and upcoming features like pre-cueing, double FX, smart EQ, and more.
GarageBand is another great audio-mixer app for iOS devices that lets you create music anywhere you go. It converts your Apple devices (tablets or iPad) into a collection of musical instruments and a recording studio.
Coming at the 9th position in the music chart category of the App Store, this app has a zillion features to offer such as support for more than 32 tracks, live loops, sound packs created by some of the biggest producers of the world, and much more. Let’s have a look at its potential key features.
- Record, edit, and mix your music with the existing 32 tracks using touch instruments, audio recordings, and live loops.
- Synchronize all your mixes across all devices with iCloud Drive and share them on social media.
- Sound like a virtuoso with smart musical instruments such as smart strings, chord strips, smart electrical basses, or acoustic/ electric guitar.
- Add realistic grooves to your music with virtual session drummers.
- With audio unit extensions, record any third-party performances directly into your GarageBand app.
- Start from scratch and build your own grid with Apple Loops and customize them.
- Take advantage of remix FX to create DJ-style effects.
The app is free to use.
Create amazing music remixes with the millions of available soundtracks and edit your mixes from beginning to end with this premium Pacemaker iOS audio-mixer app. The AI assistance within the app gives you staggering recommendations that perfectly go with your transitional effect and raise the bar precisely for your music remix. And there is more to it.
It is compatible with every Apple device (iPhone, iPad, watch) which means you can easily share your mixes with your friends within Apple’s ecosystem. Let’s have a look at some of its potential usage.
- Quickly create a remix with the crop from start to end, zoom in, and set the phrase, bar and beat to make it more precise.
- Learn and share countless remixes from your fellow creators.
- Offers live effects such as white noise, 8-bit, hi-lo, and reverb, all for iPhone.
- Special effects for iPad such as echo, roll, loop, or beat skip.
- Surround yourself with a like-minded community by searching for your fav artists, hashtags, tracks, and more.
The app is free to use. However, you can opt for its in-app auto-renewal subscription plan, which you can cancel anytime.
VirtualDJ Remote (iOS and Android)
VirtualDJ is a fantastic freemium audio-mixer app available for both iOS and Android. You might utilize your gadgets as an extra interface for VirtualDJ with the help of this application. The remote is entirely skinnable, so you may use it as a queue monitor to work from the bar, a drum pad to release samples, a play/pause/loop joystick, or a scratch pad similar to a turntable on your tablet. Use the same VirtualDJ skin format. Whether you are an aspiring artist or a rookie, this app is a wonderful pick for creating your own rhythm.
- Offer more than 290 DJ controllers with plug-and-play compatibility.
- Integration of a smart sampler with audio/video format synchronization.
- Live suggestions with Cloudlists, and LiveFeedback.
- Send audio/video files directly to social media platforms or radio servers.
- Countless cue points and saved loops as per songs
- Automix mode, fully customizable VDJScript language, podcast recording/creation, automatic BPM, and other features are available.
- Control pitch up to +/- 200% with Master Tempo.
- Supports more than 227 file formats.
If you are not using its professional equipment, like the DJ controller, the app is free to use. But if you are, it will cost you $19 per month.
MixPad Music Mixer (iOS and Android)
You can get all the functionality of pro mixing and recording gear through a single platform with MixPad’s multi-track recording and music mixer app, which simplifies the procedure and renders mixing simple.
After minutes of installing this music-mixer application, you may produce an infinite number of works. The app supports sample rates ranging from 6 KHz to 96 KHz and the most popular audio formats. Also, it has prospective capabilities including the ability to record audio and video with effects like EQ, compression, reverb, and many more.
- Mix an infinite amount of soundtracks, music, and audio.
- Record a single track or many tracks at once.
- Almost all audio file formats are supported.
- Includes hundreds of clips from a royalty-free audio effect and music collection that you may use in your creations.
- With beat creator, create your own beats or begin with a sample pattern.
- VST plugin integration enables the addition of studio instruments and effects.
- Export in whatever format you require, including studio-quality wav files and high-compression formats like MP3 for internet sharing.
- Upload to Google Drive, Dropbox, SoundCloud, or YouTube.
- Use the MIDI Editor to modify MIDI files.
The app is free to use. However, it contains ads and in-app purchases.
Music Maker (iOS and Android)
Another strong audio-mixing tool is called Music Maker, which enables you to create your own rhythms and songs in any genre or style. It moves quickly. It is adaptable. Also, no prior experience is necessary to get started. In comparison to another music-producing app, you will really get great outcomes more quickly.
Also, no music theory is necessary because of the 260,000 loops and samples in Soundpools that are great in practically any combination. You’re sure to discover your style among the rock, pop, hip-hop, and techno genres.
- Beatbox, Rock, Pop, and Hip Hop music are used to create a pulsating rhythm. A few chords are added for more groove.
- Supports all varieties of music gear out of the box, including MIDI controllers, instruments, and microphones, and is hassle-free to install into your setup.
- There are more than 2.6 million sound pools available, so be sure to find your unique voice.
- Create powerful drum beats with dynamic velocity and up to 32 steps.
- Experience the strength of wizardFX Suite, which also features seven more alluring effects in addition to compressor, gate, reverb, and delay.
- Use contemporary EQ to directly alter portions of your frequency range and obtain studio-quality results quickly.
The app is available in three plans: free, Music Maker 2023 Plus ($24.99), and Music Maker 2023 Premium ($34.99).
That concludes our discussion of the top audio mixer applications for both iOS and Android devices. The majority of the aforementioned applications are free and offer professional setup options. You can compose powerful music while on the fly by using any of these applications. You can now create some of your own grooves without being confined to your computer, laptop, or tablet.
However, keep in mind that these applications only work to a limited degree. They cannot be compared to Windows or Mac OS applications.