In this era of social media, there must be few who don’t know about emoji or no one. Emojis have become a necessary tool to be used in chats nowadays. Basically emojis are small digital images or icons used to express an idea and emotion, they must be funny, sad, happy, etc. as they are according to our mood and chat mindset. But sometimes we want to create emoji of our own desire as every emoji is not mentioned there.
Do you ever wonder if I say you can make emoji of your own….. Yes!! Absolutely right! You can make your own emoji. One of the platforms called Discord gives you an opportunity to create your own emoji daily. Discord is a free server that provides you to explore yourself in a creative mindset. Before proceeding further, let’s discuss how to make emoji, tools you will require such as Adobe Photoshop (or some kind of graphics software), download discord which gives you a free server or have permission to upload emoji, be creative, draw your favorite drawing or get your favorite picture for a meme.
Discord is a good place to hangout with friends and do timepass things like creating a server or giving adminship to someone. If you are lacking creativity or want some idea how to be an emoji or anything else, you must check Place it, it’s an alternative site, browser based tool that gives you a chance to customize your own emoji. Because it’s free you can give a chance to Discord to make your own customized emoji in which you can use text, image, explore huge content libraries to work ahead on your favourite emoji.
The content is also licensed for commercial use too, which means you can wear your favourite emoji by printing it on a T-shirt, or commercialised use in your business to promote it.
Well I made it clear what to do and what to use, but I didn’t tell you how to use Discord for emoji.
So let’s begin with how to use Discord for emoji making?
Before proceeding you must know the basics of discord,
What are emotes for discord & how does anyone use them?
Well, discord allows you to use both the standard one and the custom emoji. Discord has the best emotes collection in comparison to other apps.
So if you want to use Discord emojis, simply click on the emoji picker, where you normally type chat. You are presented with a list of emojis you can choose from. You will find a huge collection of emoji to be used. You can either choose from the list of could type in short code such as goodwill crown emoji and an emoji with blue ring in head will be selected, however you can customize and have access to use that emoji. At the top of the list you may see a clock like or spiral emoji which shows mostly used or recently used emoji. Well, different servers have different custom emoji. Custom Discord emotes are only available on the server they’ve been uploaded to, they are not global, by default; whereas animated emojis are not free.
1. How to Make Discord Emojis Yourself
- Turn to Adobe Photoshop & create new document, File>New,
- Select resolution of 72 ppi which will be perfect for this work,
- Now use import imagery or create imagery for new discord emote File>Open,
- With the magic wand tool active, click on select subject , up in the option bar,
- Open Layers panel, Windows>Layers, At bottom panel ,click Add Vector Mask, were the checkerboard background indicates transparency,
- You can adjust the mask, click on mask thumbnail, beside layer thumbnail in Layer panel, you can edit it.
- Now time for final call…..for finishing it up click on the mask thumbnail, then right click on PC or Control-click on Mac, select Apply Layer Mask , now image is ready to use
- Now open Discord, before select your work by going to Select>All, then go Edit>Copy, then back to discord emoji document, at 128*128 pixels, go to Edit>Paste, Photoshop will paste our prepared image in this space , if the size is large , resize it by going Edit>Free transform, click and drag on the resize handles . And Taa-Daa your emoji is ready to use!!
If you want to draw your emoji, don’t worry, use the brush tool in the space provided. You can easily doodle your creativity in the following space. Once you are finished save your file as File>Save As; choose PNG, best option for transparency.
2. How to add Emojis to Discord
So till now we know what is discord, how to use Photoshop, now it’s time how to use your created image , emoji on the platform, Discord is free but you need to set your server…. Let’s begin
Begin with right clicking on the server icon on PC (or Control click on Mac), from the resulting menu, go to server setting> emoji, then click on upload emoji, select file then click on OK. Name your emoji (or short code it)
And your emoji is ready to use!!!
You can go with various ideas, use text, think about reactions, and many more ideas.
Your emoji is ready to use and have fun!!!!!