If you are looking for a solution to upload PST to Office 365. So, you are at the right place. In this article, we will explain the secure and easy way to migrate PST file to office 365.
PST files allow the user to access the user email data in an email client without an internet connection. The PST file store many types of data like emails, messages, calendar events, tasks, and other items. Microsoft 365 is a popular cloud-based service and all users know about popular services like MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
Many users have PST files because Outlook data is stored in a PST file. And, you want to upload PST to office 365. But, they don’t know how to do it? Therefore, you can follow the next portion of this article to get a perfect solution.
Table of Contents
Why do Users need to Convert PST to Office 365?
Here, we are going to discuss some probable reasons for importing the files.
- If PST file size is usually near 20GB or more than 20GB.
- PST files increase the administrative burden. Discovering PST files in the system is a big task.
- PST files only contain the Outlook data and work with Outlook. The mobile devices that attach to the exchange are also unable to open the file.
- The chances of corruption are too high when PST files sharing with many people and two users open the file at the same time.
In the above section, we already discuss the reasons. Now, we are going to discuss the major benefits of upload PST to office 365.
Major Benefits for Moving PST File to Office 365
In this section, we are discussing the main benefits of migration.
- Office 365 files are widely accessible because Microsoft provides cloud-based services.
- Microsoft files easy to Setup and Management
- Users can easily edit the files, manage the projects, communicate with their staff from anywhere.
- Migration processes are very easy. No matter which storage tools you’re using for the data storage.
- The data safety and backup services offered by Office 365 help you avoid such loss.
The above section is all about the huge benefits of office 365 services. But you can also export the PST file into PDF file format. PDF file format is also easy to access and you can store data as backup. If you want to backup your PST file then you can read the informational article export Outlook PST File into Gmail. In the next section, We’ll explain the ways to upload PST to office 365.
Method: 1 By using the Azure AzCopy or Network Uploaded Method
In this method, we will explain to you how to upload PST to Office 365 by using the Network uploaded method. Maybe, this method is a little bit complicated or a long process. You need to follow every step in the same sequence If you want to migrate outlook pst file to office 365 successfully.
- Firstly, we start the MS Outlook and tap on the file section.
- Choose Import & Export Option and click on select Export to a file option then click on Next.
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) After that, we need to select the folders where you want to export and click on Next.
- Here, select the path where you want to store the exported PST file and tap on the finish button.
- Here, we generate the SAS URL.
- Firstly, you visit office.com
- Choose the Import option in which information governance.
- Now, click on Import PST Files and click on the New Import job button.
- Here, we upload your data and choose Next.
- Tap on Show the network upload SAS URL.
- Finally, copy the SAS URL and Save It on Notepad.
- Download, Install then run the Azure AzCopy and upload PST to Office 365 from Microsoft website.
- Generate a PST Import Mapping file.
- Here, we enter to create the PST file.
- Now, you are required to create a CSV file to map the PST into the mailbox account.
- Open the Import data tab and check on both options. After that, click on Next.
- Under the Mapping File option, choose Upload CSV file.
- Finally, tap on the Validate icon and select Save.
Then, you need to check if the file is successfully migrated or not where you want to store it. But, this manual method has some drawbacks that we will discuss in the next segment.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
Here, we will tell you some disadvantages of manual methods.
- It is highly complicated with the too-long process.
- In this method, data security is not superior.
- Require technical knowledge to perform this method.
- Require high connectivity internet connection.
These are some drawbacks in the above manual methods and you are unable to export PST to office 365. Then, you can try the next method that is given below.
Best way to Import pst to office 365
We’ll recommend you try a quick method. If you want to save your valuable time and want to do less effort. Then, you can go for a professional method that is PST to Office 365 Migration Tool to upload PST to Office 365. This is the more reliable and secure tool.
Those users who have less technical knowledge can also use this tool very efficiently. This is utility software that can easily migrate PST to office 365. It is one of the perfect software that can export PST to Office 365 without any issues. Users can also upload multiple files at a time. Furthermore, you can save your time with a secure and reliable tool.
In this blog, we have provided all the very easy and valuable methods to upload PST to office 365. All the manual methods have some limitations but we will suggest the best alternative to save your time and get an error-free solution. Also, users can upload multiple files at the same time. Therefore, the professional method is the most secure and reliable way to PST to office 365 migration.