Some users report about their Origin friend request not working issue. When your friend sends you an Origin Client friend request, do you often miss it? Do you find it challenging to encourage your friends and family to join you in playing games? Is the Send Friend Request button missing from your Origin Client? If you want to know why its occurs then you can read it from dtechroof.
Players may download and play games using Electronic Arts’ online gaming platform, Origin. The gaming platform allows users to create friends, interact with them, and play games with them. The problem is known as Origin Friend Request Not Working when all of these conditions are present. The solutions given below will ensure that the problem is resolved without difficulty.
Solution 1: Restart the Origin application
Some customers say that going offline and back online, terminating all Origin processes in Task Manager, then reopening the Origin app repaired the Origin friend request not working problem.
- To begin, go to the Origin menu and click Go Offline. Then, after that, go back to using the internet.
- Now, right-click an empty place in the Windows Taskbar and pick Task Manager from the menu. It would help if you first located all processes connected with Origin on the Procedure page, then right-click each one, and then select End Job.
- Finally, you must re-open Origin, and that’s all there is to it.
Solution 2: Keeping the Origin application up to date
Electronic Arts created Origin to automatically upgrade to the latest versions as soon as they are released on the market. When the manufacturer releases a new patch, the Origin programme will not automatically upgrade. It may be the reason for the problem’s occurrence.
To begin upgrading the programme, shut down and then re-launch Origin on your computer. Then you must restart the computer to see if the issue has been addressed. By upgrading your origin application, you may resolve the point of origin friend request not working.
Solution 3: Using the Origin Client as an administrator
To test if the origin friend request not working issue has been resolved, try using the Origin Client as an administrator. Follow the procedures outlined below to do so.
- Please shut the Origin client if it is open on your computer.
- You have to go to the game folder where the Origin executable file is located and double-click it.
- Next, you need to right-click on the OriginClientService and select Properties from the context menu.
- Please right-click the Exe file and then choose Properties.
- Please go to the Compatibility tab right now.
- Finally, make sure that the option to Run This Program As An Administrator is selected.
- You must save your changes before proceeding.
Solution 4: Turning off Windows Firewall Defender
Windows Firewall Defender may prevent Origin from sending/receiving invitations from friends. Follow these procedures to disable the firewall:
- The first step requires you to navigate to the Control Panel.
- Next, you need to go to System and Security and then choose it.
- After that, you need to select Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menu.
- Next, please select whether Windows Firewall switched on or off.
- You need to select Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menu.
- At long last, please click OK to save your changes.
Solution 5: Removing the cache out of the game
A corrupted Origin game cache is one of the causes of origin friend request not working on your PC. It’s best to clear the cache to get the programme to operate appropriately
- You must end The Origin and any other associated programmes on your computer using Task Manager.
- Then, in the Run box, put %ProgramData% /Origin and click Enter.
- Except for the folder labelled LocalContent, delete all other folders from the folder visible on your computer.
- After that, you must reopen the Perform box and run the %AppData%t command.
- After that, you must locate and remove the Origin Folder.
- To go to the AppData, you have to go to the URL bar and type in AppData.
- Next, double-click the Local Folder, pick the Origin Folder, and then hit the Del key to remove it.
Solution 6: Performing an internet connection check
A fast and stable internet connection is essential since a lousy connection might prohibit Origin from doing specific tasks.
- To test if the online pages load quickly and without stuttering, launch the internet browser.
- If your internet is operating slower than expected, perform a hard reset on your modem/router.
- If this does not resolve the issue, notify your internet service provider of the mistake.
- Before connecting to a wireless network, you can also utilize a wired network. Inherently, wireless communications are unsecure and sluggish.