Introduction: In this article, we are going to elaborate on the topic “How do I delete multiple contacts in Outlook?” keep reading the blog if you want to remove duplicates without any problem. Although Microsoft Outlook doesn’t have a built-in feature to identify and eliminate duplicate contacts. you can remove duplicate contacts using some manual methods and third-party tools. Here are two methods you can try. The first one is the manual method to remove duplicate contacts in Outlook 365, and the second one is the professional approach to delete duplicate contacts in Outlook.
Table of Contents
Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
In Microsoft Outlook, duplicate contacts refer to multiple entries in your contact list representing the same person. These duplicate contacts can occur in order to various reasons, such as synchronization issues with other devices or email accounts or importing contacts from different sources. Duplicate contacts can clutter your contact list, make it harder to find specific information, and may confuse you when communicating with contacts.
Possible Causes Behind the Duplicity of Contacts
There could be many reasons behind too many duplicates in your Outlook. You can get rid of duplicate contacts in Outlook easily if you have a proper idea of being duplicated.
- Synchronization Issue: If you have multiple devices or email accounts linked to Outlook, synchronization problems may create duplicate entries
- Importing Contacts: When importing contacts from different sources, such as email, CSV file, or vCards, duplicate entries may create duplicates.
- Human Errors: Human errors during manual entry can lead to duplicity of contacts. For example, If you have done the entry with the same contact twice with slight variations in the name or email address.
- Software Glitches: Sometimes, software glitches in Outlook may create duplicate contacts.
Manual Method to Remove Duplicate Contacts in Outlook 365
You can delete duplicate contacts in Outlook with a manual method if you have the patience and courage to remove duplicate contacts in bulk. Well, You can follow these steps to eliminate duplicates.
- Run the MS Outlook and sign in to your account.
- Click on the People icon from the bottom left corner.
(Note: Make sure you are in the “Contacts” view)
- Now, in the Current View group, click the bottom right corner of the box, and then click on the Phone.
- In your contact List, hold down Ctrl and select each contact you want to delete.
- Once you’ve selected all the duplicates, press Delete or Ctrl+D.
- And it’s done! You have completely removed all the duplicates.
Remove Duplicate Contacts in Outlook 365 (Bulk method)
If you have a bulk quantity of duplicate contacts in Outlook and want to remove duplicate contacts in Outlook 365, you can use the following steps to eliminate duplicate contacts in Outlook. These steps include exporting your contacts. You must follow these steps carefully. Otherwise, it will cause an alteration of your valuable data.
- Click on the option People in the outlook.
- Right-click on your Contacts folder and then select New Folder.
- Rename your new folder.
- Now click into your main Contacts folder.
- Select all of your contacts.
- Drag and drop your contacts into the Duplicates folder and select your Duplicates folder.
- Make empty your primary contacts folder.
- Now Select File, go to Open & Export, and hit Import/Export.
- Choose Export to a File.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows).
- Now, choose the Duplicates folder you created in Step 3.
- Save the file so that you can find it again.
- Finally, click Finish.
Import Your Contacts Back into Outlook
- Again, Select File, go to Open & Export, and then Import/Export.
- Choose Import from another file and then select Comma Separated Values.
- Click on the Browse option and select the exported file. Now, choose “Do not import duplicates” and tap to the Next option.
- Choose the prime contacts folder as the destination folder and click on the Finish button.
Get Contacts Back From The New Folder Created to the Main Contacts Folder
If you ever get a duplicate again, you will see two options:
- “Add new contact” if the contact is not a duplicate.
- Select “Update information of selected contact.”
- Now, click on Update. Click on the Update All option if you want to repeat the same for all duplicate contacts.
You have to follow these steps carefully to eliminate duplicate contacts in Outlook. Otherwise, your data can be altered.
Professional Approach to Remove Duplicate Contacts in Outlook 365
You can delete your duplicate contacts from the VCF file and Outlook with the help of the vCard Duplicate Remover tool. It is embedded with modern features. You can remove VCF duplicate contacts in bulk quantity with the filter of first name, last name, mobile no., and email address. This tool enables you to save a single VCF file for all contacts and a separate vCard file with the working demonstration. It enables you to save a single VCF file for all contacts and a separate vCard file. Follow these steps.
- Launch the vCard Duplicate Contact Remover as an administrator.
- Click the option of Add Files to select the desired VCF file. And Click Open.
- Tap on the Filter panel button to proceed further.
- Apply the required filters and the saving path as per your needs.
- Finally, click Next to eliminate duplicate contacts in Outlook.
In this article, we have shared reliable methods to remove duplicate contacts in Outlook 365.
The manual approach is easy to perform, but it has many limitations. Therefore, we have shared an alternative technique. This method provides 100% accurate results in less time. It is an easy-to-use and less time-consuming process. You can go with that without any concern about the data integrity. You can get rid of duplicate contacts in Outlook very easily with the professional approach.