The ruling by the Supreme Court of India has declared that it is not compulsory to link an Aadhaar Card with a bank account. However, you may want to do this for tax filing purposes or to receive government welfare subsidies. Moreover, the Indian government offers credits on welfare-related funds and pensions, and linking your UIDAI Aadhaar Card to your bank account may be of help. If you wish to do this, you can easily link your Aadhaar details with your bank account online or offline. The easy and convenient way to do this is to engage in online processes which are quick and versatile.
Offline Linking Of a UIDAI Aadhaar Card
Opting to link an Aadhaar Card with a bank account may be done offline at the branch of the bank in which you hold a bank account. For those who are not tech-savvy or comfortable with online processes, this is an easy way to perform the linking activity, and these are the steps:
- Visit the branch of your bank.
- You must take your Aadhaar Card with you. Alternatively, you can have your E Aadhaar.
- Fill out a letter for a request.
- Submit a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar Card with the request letter.
- A verification will take place, after which your bank will link your Aadhaar details to your account. You will receive an SMS acknowledging the same.
Linking an Aadhaar Card Via Internet Banking
One of the simplest and quickest ways to link your Aadhaar Card to your bank account is through internet banking. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your bank’s internet banking platform.
- You will notice a section to link Aadhaar details to a bank account.
- Select this option and the bank accounts that have to be linked.
- To link an Aadhaar Card with a bank account, you will have to enter your details and press ‘Submit’.
- You will receive an SMS of acknowledgment on your mobile number listed with your bank.
Linking an Aadhaar Card Through a Mobile App
You can easily link your UIDAI Aadhaar Card with your bank account through your bank’s mobile app. Several banks have app platforms that are easily navigable and your processes become faster. Here are the steps to follow:
- The first thing to do is to download the mobile banking app of your bank.
- Enter the app and enter the details that are related to your bank account, such as a password and a username. There may be a security certification to undertake, so you will have to do this too.
- Depending on the mobile app of the bank, you may see tabs that say ‘Requests’, ‘Services’, or ‘Service Requests’. There may be some other variations.
- Now you should see ‘Link an Aadhaar Card with a bank account’, or simply ‘Link Aadhaar’. You may also see something like ‘Update your Aadhaar’. Click on the tab in question.
- Select the account for linking purposes.
- You may have to re-enter your Aadhaar number to reconfirm the process.
- If applicable, accept terms and conditions mentioned.
- At the end, you may see ‘Confirm’ or ‘Submit’ and you can click on any of these to complete your linking process.