Most frequently asked question by many users is “How do I convert OST files to EML Format?” In this article, we will discuss the various methods for performing the conversion process in detail. So, stick to the blog till the end.
The OST file is the default Outlook file format that saves a copy of the Outlook data in your local drive. An OST file data can only be accessed through the Outlook server. The EML file, on the other hand, is an electronic mail that stores single mail with attachments. Multiple email clients like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, and SeaMonkey support this file format. The data saved in an EML file format is easy to access and share. Before jumping to solutions to export OST files to EML, let’s look at the additional benefits of an EML file format.
Table of Contents
Reasons to Convert OST Files to EML Format
Users tend to convert OST files to EML file format for numerous reasons. Here, we have mentioned some of the most common benefits of converting OST files into an EML file format.
- Various email clients easily support the EML file.
- Users backup OST files to EML file format to prevent data loss.
- This file format makes transferring data from one email client to another quick and easy.
- While using the .eml file format, users can save emails and attachments in a text file format.
After exploring the reasons, the following section shares different solutions to transfer Outlook OST to EML file format.
How do I Import Old OST Files into EML File Format?
Users can easily convert OST to EML using two effective methods. We will talk about both of these approaches in detail. Let’s begin with the manual approach.
Native Solution to Convert OST Files to EML Format
To convert OST to EML manually, users must first configure their Gmail account to MS Outlook and download the email client that supports the EML file format.
#Step 1: Drag and Drop the OST Files
This step requires users to drag and drop the OST files to the configured Gmail account.
#Step 2: Configure your Gmail Account to your Thunderbird Account
After performing the above step, configure your Gmail account to the Thunderbird account that supports the EML format. The OST file is now accessible in a Thunderbird Account.
#Step 3: Save EML Files from the Thunderbird Account
Follow the below steps carefully to save EML files from the Thunderbird account-
- Choose the desired email to download in EML file format.
- Right-click on the chosen email and opt for the Save As option.
- After that, select the location to save the resultant file.
- The data is saved automatically in the EML file format.
This manual method to convert OST to EML is a time-consuming process. However, there are certain drawbacks to performing this approach.
Downsides of the Native Solution
Here are a few valid reasons to avoid the manual techniques for exporting OST Files to EML.
- The manual approach is a complicated process.
- Users must have good technical knowledge to perform this conversion.
- Missing a single step may result in repeating the whole process.
- It is a very time-consuming process.
- Data Mismanagement may take place.
- Users cannot convert OST files to EML in bulk using this approach.
Many experts prefer using the professional OST to PST Converter Tool to eliminate these drawbacks.
Expert Solution to Convert OST Files to EML Format
The Professional OST to PST Converter is one of the best utility to transfer Outlook OST to EML file format. The software offers multiple features that provide smooth and accurate conversion of OST files without any data alteration. This method enables users to efficiently convert OST to PST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, CSV, HTML, etc. Additionally, it allows exporting data from OST files to Gmail, Thunderbird, AOL, Office 365, HotMail, etc. This method provides 100% accurate results in less time- span.
Users often search for various approaches to convert OST files to EML format due to the wide acceptance of EML files. This article talks about two different methods to make the conversion process effective. The manual method is a complex process. Hence, using a professional solution is the best choice. It is also the most opted solution by many technical users. It is easy to use and provides 100% accurate results.