Many users have queries on how to store Gmail email messages offline. Although the Gmail program allows users to archive their important emails, but Gmail does not provide any feature for users to take the backup of emails. Sometimes users find the archive feature inconvenient as the archive containing the emails can get messed up. So we would never recommend users to archive emails. Instead of archiving, users can export Gmail emails to PDF file format. This is one of the secure ways to store user’s documents offline. PDF format is considered the most compatible file format as it is supported on multiple platforms by various devices. Now the users will have a query on how to save Gmail email as PDF? So here, we will discuss both manual as well as the professional methods to export emails from Gmail to PDF.
Before stepping ahead, let’s understand why users need to save Gmail email as PDF.
Reasons to Export Gmail Emails to PDF
There are various reasons for which users want to save Gmail as PDF format. Here, we have listed some of the common reasons below.
- PDF is a cross-platform file type, and the file can easily be accessed on any OS like Windows, Linux, MAC OS, etc.
- PDF format offers a security feature for password-protection for all the users.
- Because of its portable functionality, users can easily share a PDF file by simply having internet connectivity.
These are a few countable reasons why users want to export Gmail emails to PDF. There can also be some sudden situations that force users to export emails from Gmail to PDF.
Now, let’s move further to the manual approach to save Gmail email as PDF.
Manual Method to Export Gmail Emails to PDF
Here users will see the complete manual steps to convert Gmail to PDF format. For converting Gmail emails to PDF format, follow the given steps.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Choose the settings option in the drop-down.
- Go to the Labs tab and then click on the enable option for Canned Responses.
- Click on save changes.
- Select the email message you need to convert to PDF format. Click on the new window icon.
- Now go to the three dots and select the Print option in the drop-down.
- In the destination option, choose to save as PDF. Press the save changes button.
- Choose the path to save the resultant PDF file.
- Lengthy and more time-consuming process.
- It is difficult to save multiple Gmail emails as PDF.
- Technical knowledge is required.
- There is a risk of data loss.
As seen above, there are several limitations to using the manual technique of migration. So now we will move forward to the professional automated solution to backup Gmail emails avoiding the limitations.
Automated Solution to Export Gmail Emails to PDF
As an alternative, users can use the most reliable and effective solution to backup Gmail emails in PDF and various other file formats. The professional process provides the best solution without harming important mailbox items. One such solution is offered by DRS Gmail Backup software. The utility is designed on an advanced algorithm and allows users to export Gmail emails to Outlook PST, EML, MBOX, PDF, and 25+ other file formats. It is compatible with all Windows and Mac OS versions. The software offers some amazing features for its users and a few of them are mentioned below.
- Easily backup Gmail emails on a hard drive or on the local machine.
- Provides a date filter feature to exclude unwanted emails from Gmail.
- Export emails from Gmail to PST, MSG, MBOX, PDF, Office 365, AOL mail, etc.
- Maintains the hierarchy of the original data after the backup process.
- Exports all attachments such as PPTs, Calendars, Contacts, etc.
- No risk of data loss.
- Offers a smooth user-friendly GUI.
- Compatible with all Windows and Mac OS versions.
- The free trial version allows users to save 50 Gmail emails for free.
In this blog, we have discussed the recommended solutions to export Gmail emails to PDF file format. With the manual approach of conversion, there are several limitations which we have already seen above in this blog. So, we would suggest using the professional automated Gmail backup software to backup Gmail emails in PDF as well as in 25+ file formats without any hassle.
Author Bio – Rajat is a Freelancer, Blogger, Technical Writer, and Publisher. He worked for Data Recovery Solutions (DRS) as a content writer. Recently, I have researched the advanced Gmail Backup Software to list it in my latest blog.