SMi Group Reports: Expert all female SATCOM panellists to discuss the National Defence Authorisation Act 2018 at this year’s Global MilSatCom event
Led by senior military and industry representatives from the US, the panellists include:
- Ms Deanna Ryals, Chief, International Programmes Division, Military Satellite Communications Systems (MILSATCOM) Directorate, Space and Missiles System Center (SMC), Air Force Space Command, US Air Force
- Ms Sandra Erwin, National Security Reporter, Space News
- Ms Clare Grason, Division Chief, Satellite Communications, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Ms Andrea Loper, Acquisition Program Manager, Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles Directorate, US Air Force
Key talking points of the panel discussion include:
- SATCOM in a contested world – current communication challenges and where they can be overcome
- National Security Space Provisions within the legislation, moving towards consideration of space as a unique domain
- Protected satellite communication services within NDAA, an overview of assessments of waveforms, terminals and ground segment sections
- What NDAA means for government-industry cooperation in space and enhancing US space enterprise
- How the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) will be developed in the wake of NDAA – ring-fencing survivability and security requirements
- An outline of the roadmap for military satellite requirements and enhancing the use of commercial constellations
When discussing the panel, Andrea Loper, Acquisition Program Manager, Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles Directorate for the US Air Force said:
“Since I began working for the Air Force in 2008, there has been much rhetoric at space symposia and conferences identifying the problems resulting from an increasingly contested, congested and competitive space environment.” … “The need for speed and agility is the new coin of the realm in military space and, if the U.S. wishes to remain relevant, policies, guidance and a culture adverse to risk must evolve to: enable international partnerships, develop new applications and acquire rapidly space-based assets.”
Sandra Erwin, National Security Reporter at Space News also quoted:
“It’s a pivotal time for U.S. military satcom. The Defense Department just completed an analysis of alternatives for wideband communications — and at the same time it is being directed by the Congress to submit a strategy and create a program office for commercial satcom services. Yes, a lot to digest. I look forward to the discussion at Global MilSatCom.”
Just one of the four expert led panel discussions exclusive to Global MilSatCom 2018.
The three-day event is an ideal forum to raise questions, to share the experience and knowledge among 500+ decision makers from the Government and Military, as well as leading international industry professionals.
There will also be a pre-conference focus day on 5th November, entitled: ‘Small Satellites and Disruptive Technology’. More information on the conference and focus day can be found on the event website.
Registrations for the conference made by the 28th September will receive a £100 discount.
Bookings, exclusive event content and the latest agenda is available at: http://www.globalmilsatcom.com/realwire
Lead Sponsor: SES Networks | Gold Sponsor: Airbus | Sponsors: COMSAT, Eutelsat, GOVSAT, Hughes, Intelsat General (IGC), Kratos, Laser Communications Coalition, Lockheed Martin, Newtec, Raytheon, SES GS, Thales, Viasat | Exhibitors: Baader Planetarium GMBH, Comtech Telecommunications Corp., Datapath, Inster, Integrasys, SCISYS, XTAR, US Air Force
Opportunities for industry to sponsor, exhibit and contribute to the conference are extremely limited. For details on how your company can get involved please contact: Alia Malick on: +44 (0) 207 827 6168 or email: email@example.com
20th Annual Global MilSatCom
Conference: 6th – 8th November 2018
Focus Day: 5th November 2018
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk