Wipro reorganizes IT Business to simplify structure
The new structure to help create a bolder, simpler and nimbler Wipro
Bangalore, India, February 07, 2011
Wipro Technologies, the Global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) today announced that it has realigned its organizational structure, in line with the changed business environment, to a simplified industry domain led business where Client Delivery, Sales and Profitability are aligned more closely with Strategic Business Units (SBUs). The changes aim to drive higher agility and customer centricity apart from reducing organization complexities, thereby driving better accountability.
The Strategic Business Units (SBUs) have also been structured in a way that aligned industries in the value chain are consolidated under same SBU. The six SBUs would be led by
1. Energy & Utilities would continue to be managed by Anand Padmanabhan. Metals & Minerals will be a new vertical in this vertical.
2. Finance Solutions that comprises Banking, Securities and Insurance Verticals will continue to be under the leadership of Soumitro Ghosh.
3. Media and Telecom would continue to be led by Mark Fleming.
4. Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Life Sciences and Services, which are related industry verticals are getting organized as a SBU for better synergies under the leadership of Sangita Singh.
5. Manufacturing and Hi-Tech is a new consolidated SBU getting formed, to leverage the enormous synergies between the two industries. This SBU would be led by N S Bala.
6. Retail, Consumer Goods, Transportation and Government would continue under the leadership of Bhanumurthy (Bhanu).
G K Prasanna who was leading the Technology SBU for Wipro will be taking over as the head of Wipro’s Eco-energy business division. Anand Sankaran will continue to lead the Wipro Infotech business division. Rajiv Shah, who has successfully built Healthcare and Services business to a critical mass for us to grow and now expand to the next level, has decided to pursue a career outside Wipro.
Driving customer centricity through simplicity and speed
The structural changes have been made with an aim to enable decision making and accountability of deliverables closer to clients. These structural changes have been driven with a goal to improve client centricity and responsiveness.
Horizontal realignment: integrating existing businesses and building services and competence for the future
In order to further strengthen Wipro’s application services solutions, the existing service lines providing application development and testing services will be consolidated into a single service line. The new service line ‘Business Application Services’ would include Packaged Implementation, Testing and Business Technology Services, and would be headed by Srinivas Pallia.
Analytics is one of the fastest growing services and consistently a top investment area for clients. To seize this opportunity, Wipro will be consolidating its analytics businesses into a new service line focused on Analytics, Business Intelligence, Information Management, Performance Management, Data / Text Mining. This new service line would be headed by K. R. Sanjiv.
Gangadharaiah CP who currently heads the Testing Services will continue as an Advisor for our Testing Practice.
All other service lines of BPO, TIS, WCS and PES continue to be led by the current leaders and would have a sharper focus on building capability and staying ahead of the curve.
1. Business Process Outsourcing would continue to be under the leadership of Ashutosh Vaidya.
2. Product Engineering Services would continue to be led by Ayan Mukerji.
3. Technology Infrastructure Services would continue to be led by Deepak Jain.
4. Wipro Consulting Services would continue under the leadership of Kirk Strawser
Driving passion led employee performance and client centricity
Wipro prides itself for an unparallel record of producing IT leaders. In order to further foster its entrepreneurial culture, Wipro will also align all activities relating to solution delivery, talent management, competency build and talent acquisition under a single organization. This will enable better execution for our customers through better alignment, demand-supply interaction and accountability .This shift will also enable employees by making them more aligned to the customer and build personal responsibility, performance and rewards.
Commenting on these changes, T K Kurien, CEO, IT Business & Executive Director, Wipro Limited said, “With the change in environment, there is a need for a bolder, simpler and more agile organizational structure. The model that we have created now is centered on the customer and designed for swift, impeccable execution and single point accountability. Bottom-line, customers can expect a nimbler and more proactive Wipro to deliver value-driven business outcomes to them.”
He added that by focusing on building a customer centric structure, better aligned and trained workforce, and by adding depth to the service portfolio and industry solutions, we will take Wipro to its vision of global leadership.
The changes will be effective April 1, 2011.