Schneider Electric to help power leading Premier League Club’s new state-of-the-art stadium
Working closely with Spurs and its partners during the construction, service and maintenance phases of the project, Schneider Electric will distribute all power supply to the stadium and integrate key systems. This will boost the stadium’s energy and operational efficiency and support the day-to-day running of the venue.
The energy management and building management solutions provided by Schneider Electric will play a key role in delivering energy and operational efficiencies, supporting the Club’s vision of delivering the ultimate experience for every visitor to its new world-class stadium.
Schneider Electric is embedding its EcoStruxure™ platform – the digital backbone that connects best-in-class Operations Technology (OT) solutions with the latest in Information Technology (IT) – into the stadium’s architecture to unlock the trapped value within Spurs’ operations and unleash the true potential of its connected products and software. EcoStruxure™ will provide real-time monitoring for preventative maintenance and personalise visitor experiences, including aspects such as temperature and lighting conditions.
The stadium’s electrical infrastructure will be monitored constantly from Schneider Electric’s remote field services bureau. Its Building Analytics software will perform system checks every five minutes, totalling 60,000 checks every hour onsite. Schneider Electric product experts will also be onsite to personally monitor the stadium’s power infrastructure on match days and in the build-up to any special events.
Matthew Collecott, Director of Operations, Tottenham Hotspur said: “Schneider Electric is a leading provider of energy and building management systems and we are delighted to announce its role in the stadium project. We have the upmost confidence in its ability to deliver a best-in-class energy management system, which will power one of the most technologically advanced stadiums in the world.”
Mike Hughes, UK Zone President of Schneider Electric, said: “We are delighted to partner with Tottenham Hotspur to create one of the world’s most compelling venues for sport and entertainment. By embracing digitisation and automation, the stresses associated with hosting and attending live events can be alleviated. Together, we will develop a next-generation customer experience for sports fans; one that is only achievable with the latest technology.”
Tottenham Hotspur’s stunning new stadium has been designed from the outset as a state-of-the art, multi-use venue, including a structurally engineered fully retractable pitch. The first for any stadium in the UK, it will ensure that the football-playing surface is always in peak condition. Underneath the grass field will be a synthetic grass surface that will be used for NFL games and other events, creating a new world-class sports and entertainment venue for the capital. Designed for atmosphere, the venue aims to deliver an unrivalled fan experience inside the 62,062 seater stadium, the largest of any football club in London. The stadium is set to open later this year.
For more information about Schneider Electric, please visit the website here: http://www.schneider-electric.co.uk/en/
Further information on what Schneider Electric will provide:
- Power management systems (PMS), energy management systems (PME), building management systems (BMS) and lighting control systems (Dali / KNX)
- Medium voltage switchgear and transformers
- Lower voltage switchgear and panels
- Busbar Interconnections at Main Switchgear
- Prefabricated distribution boards
- Data room cooling and computer room air conditioning units
- Chiller plants
- Training and documentation
- Integrated field services
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
About Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club has a tradition of playing an entertaining and attacking style of football. The team has achieved five top five Premier League finishes in the past seven seasons and has a multi-national squad of players. Tottenham Hotspur also has:
- A global following in excess of 400 million, with strong supporter bases across the UK, the USA, China, Asia and Southern Africa, including nearly 200 Official Supporters Clubs worldwide
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA) – one of the world’s leading providers of insurance services
- A newly-built state-of-the-art training centre with advanced plans for a new world class stadium development that will sit at the heart of a major regeneration for North London
- An award winning Foundation that has created nearly 3 million opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes