SwissQual Launches New Android Smartphone RF Optimization Tools
SwissQual AG today unveiled a unique new suite of product for handheld radio network RF optimization and mobile network quality assessment: QualiPoc Handheld Android RF and Android QA.
New QualiPoc Handheld Android RF & Android QA are handheld RF optimization systems for field engineers who need to optimize and troubleshoot radio access networks, providing unique capabilities, with an all-new design, and revolutionary, open pricing model.
QualiPoc Handheld Android offers real-time, handheld RF optimization for voice and data services on Android-based smart phones with low-cost commercial terms, and has been designed to support the next generation of smart phone test scenarios and new 4G LTE networks.
QualiPoc Handheld Android is the only Android-based solution available on a wide variety of smart phone devices – including handsets from LG, Sony Ericsson and HTC. A special microsite offers an online demonstration as well as full details on each model athttp://android.swissqual.com
QualiPoc Android includes a wide variety of unique features for RF optimization engineers, such as:-
- Forcing functions for technology and band*
- LTE on HTC Thunderbolt – ideal for RF optimization of North American LTE rollout
- Full L3 decodes for GSM, UMTS, EVDO and even LTE*
- Availability on Android-based handsets from LG, Sony Ericsson and HTC
- Real-time monitoring as well as local log file playback
- Full log file compatibility with SwissQual NetQual NQDI
- Full log file compatibility with 3rd party post-processing tools
Full information on supported devices, roadmap, features and functions can be found by visitinghttp://android.swissqual.com where a short RF optimization demonstration video is available.
Revolutionary Commercial Offer
With QualiPoc Android SwissQual is clearing all the usual commercial roadblocks to a widespread deployment. Prices start from just US$2,999 and include:-
- Any of the supported handset models
- All necessary software licences
- A full year of software updates and upgrade for the purchased device
- A full year of support via the new SwissQual support portal
- A special edition silicone gel protective cover
Customers can also now buy directly online, via a new SwissQual web shop to be launched shortly. Full information on these unique commercial terms can be found by visitinghttp://android.swissqual.com
SwissQual was the first company to introduce a handheld RF optimization solution that used a commercial smart phone platform, and new QualiPoc Handheld Android is still setting the global standard today.
QualiPoc Android is a new application that takes advantage of the advanced features of modern smart phone devices. The GUI has been completely re-designed for smart phone platforms, integrating new touch-functions like zoom, swipe, pinch, sweep and squeeze.
Geo-location and analysis functions are tightly integrated to GPS and mapping functions of devices to allow very accurate geo-location of RF optimization measurements.
Two versions of QualiPoc Handheld Android are available:
- Android RF: for RF optimization and troubleshooting where MOS testing is not a main consideration.
- Android QA: which includes all the RF optimization functionality of Android RF plus MOS quality testing algorithms such as P.863.
A special microsite offers an online demonstration of RF optimization as well as full details on each model at http://android.swissqual.com.