Enterprise connectivity recognised as annual awards shine light on growing market
- Sprint & Airspan Networks – Sprint LTE Magic Box
Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Urban)
- CCS – City of London Small Cell Backhaul Network
Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Enterprise)
- Nokia – Flexi Zone Shopping Mall and Public Building Deployments
Excellence in Commercial Deployment of Rural, Remote and Temporary Small Cells
- Parallel Wireless & Ice Wireless – Connecting the Unconnected in Canada
HetNet Software and Services – Management and Automation
- Airhop Communications – HetNet Performance Insight with eSON360
Deployment of New Architectures Enabling the Dense HetNet
- Huawei – SME Small BTS Solution with LTE Backhaul
Commercial Small Cell Design and Technology (Network and Xhaul)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprises & SoftBank – World’s First Dedicated PCRF for Small Cells
Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Technology or Architecture
- Accelleran – Architecture-agnostic Small Cell RAN-vRAN Solutions
Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Business Case
- Opencell – Multi-operator in-building Coverage Using Small Cells
Social Impact – Promoting Small Cells for Social/Economic/Environmental Development
- Parallel Wireless & Telefonica – Connecting LATAM’s Unconnected with Telefonica
Judges’ Choice – ITRI
Open-nFAPI: An Open Source Project to Accelerate the Adoption of Small Cell Forum’s nFAPI Defined Virtualized Small Cell Architecture
Chair’s Award – Mirela Doicu, Nokia
Individual Contribution to Small Cell Forum Activities (Voted for by the Working Group Chairs) – Ravi Sinha, Reliance Jio
“The judging panel was hugely impressed by both the volume and calibre of the award submissions this year. The small cell industry continues to evolve to meet the increasingly challenging demands of operators in an ever-widening range of different use cases. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the winners and all those who participated,” said Caroline Gabriel, Chair of the Judges and Research Director at Rethink Technology Research.
SCF is driving network densification worldwide and encouraging the delivery of fully integrated HetNets.
We are a carrier-led organization. This means our operator members establish requirements that drive the activities and outputs of our technical groups.
We have driven the standardization of key elements of small cell technology including Iuh, FAPI, nFAPI, SON, services APIs, TR-069 evolution and the enhancement of the X2 interface.
Today our members are driving solutions that include small cell/Wi-Fi integration, SON evolution and automation, virtualization of the small cell layer, driving mass adoption via multi-operator neutral host, ensuring a common approach to service APIs to drive commercialization and the integration of small cells into 5G standards evolution.
The SCF Release Program has now established business cases and market drivers for all the main use cases, clarifying market needs and addressing barriers to deployment for residential, enterprise, rural & remote, and urban small cells.
Temono for Small Cell Forum
T: +44 (0)20 7089 8896