LONDON, UK – May 17, 2017 — RiskIQ, the leader in digital threat management, announced today that the RiskIQ Digital Threat Management Platform has been recognised in an Ovum Research “On the Radar” report for providing organisations with comprehensive visibility and protection of their digital presence. According to Ovum, the combination of RiskIQ’s threat intelligence and application suite presents organisations with additional layers of business and brand protection, and the opportunity to make cost savings as a result of RiskIQ’s approach to digital threat management.
“While threat intelligence feeds enrich internal event data, organisations need to consider end-to-end approaches that enable security staff to move to a more systematic, automated approach to help reduce business impact and increase proactive response to external digital threats,” said Andrew Kellett, principal analyst, Infrastructure Solutions at Ovum. “RiskIQ’s combined intelligence and SaaS application approach can yield considerable advantages over point-based solutions that are either threat feeds, cover one digital channel, or have limited threat coverage.”
The RiskIQ Digital Threat Management Platform is a SaaS-based threat intelligence and integrated application suite that addresses security issues across web, social, and mobile channels. It helps security managers protect their business assets, including their brands, their customers, and their employees, from external exploits that originate from beyond the firewall. The RiskIQ application suite provides unified visibility and protection for enterprise organisations, ensuring that their public-facing digital assets are kept safe from impersonation and illegitimate misuse by malicious threat actors. It also enables security teams to optimise a broad range of investigation, analysis, and mitigation tasks.
“RiskIQ’s mission from day one was to address ongoing ‘outside the firewall’ security challenges, and over the years, we’ve built a scalable platform to capture an enterprise’s digital presence and automatically triangulate exploits, exposures, and attackers,” said Scott Gordon, chief marketing officer at RiskIQ. “RiskIQ is used by thousands of security analysts, progressive security organisations, and popular global brands to protect businesses from the impact of external threats. We are extremely gratified by Ovum’s validation of our vision and solution set.”
Ovum’s “On the Radar” reports recognise companies and products that bring innovative ideas and solutions to their markets. Highlights in the report include:
- RiskIQ intelligence is achieved through advanced internet reconnaissance techniques that capture detailed internet data through a global proxy network of collectors, sensors, and web crawlers using virtual user emulation techniques.
- Big data, advanced algorithms, and machine learning (ML) techniques are used to analyse and monitor new and active threat activities, and to dynamically generate and assess a client’s digital attack surface.
- Beyond threat intelligence, RiskIQ’s suite of threat investigation, brand protection, digital footprint, and threat mitigation applications offer collaboration, monitoring, and workflow that provide a means to optimise resources and consolidate other toolsets.
- With the solution’s in-app mitigation, security teams can block threats using available third-party reputation management protocols. RiskIQ mitigation workflows assist security and legal teams to automatically submit take-down requests made of an adversary’s digital infrastructure.
- Interoperability with other popular security tools, to automate and extend investigation and mitigation processes
- The RiskIQ Community Edition allows organisations to have entry-level access to the platform and applications at no charge, contributing machine learning advantage.
The complete Ovum On the Radar report, which examines RiskIQ and digital threat management, is available at https://www.riskiq.com/ovumotr.
Ovum is a market-leading research and consulting firm focused on helping digital service providers and their vendor partners thrive in the connected digital economy. Through its 150 analysts worldwide, it offers expert analysis and strategic insight across the IT, telecoms, and media industries. Founded in 1985, Ovum has one of the most experienced analyst teams in the industry and is a respected source of guidance for technology business leaders, CIOs, vendors, service providers, and regulators looking for comprehensive, accurate, and insightful market data, research, and consulting. With 23 offices across six continents, Ovum offers a truly global perspective on technology and media markets and provides thousands of clients with insight including workflow tools, forecasts, surveys, market assessments, technology audits, and opinion.
Ovum is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa plc, a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group listed on the London Stock Exchange.
RiskIQ is the leader in digital threat management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures. Visit RiskIQ.com