London, UK – May 9, 2018 – RiskIQ, the leader in digital threat management, today announced the company is bringing its educational Threat Hunting Workshops to London, UK and Paris, France. Alongside its partner Flashpoint, RiskIQ’s workshops will provide hands-on training to introduce security analysts, incident responders and SOC personnel to new methods and new threat datasets that allow them to quickly and thoroughly investigate attacks.
- London, UK – Tuesday 15 May 2018
- Time: 12.00 – 17.30 BST (lunch will be provided)
- Location: Park Plaza London Waterloo
- Paris, France – Thursday 17 May 2018
- Time: 12.00 – 17.30 CEST (lunch will be provided)
- Location: Hilton Paris La Défense
Attendees who register for the Threat Hunting Workshops in London and Paris will learn how to use a process RiskIQ defines as ‘Infrastructure Analysis.’ Any work on the internet – good or bad – will create ‘signals,’ or pieces of information generated from performing any action, which can then be used to form analyst connections. Using Infrastructure Analysis, it is possible for anyone to use a starting indicator, like an IP address, and easily pivot around to discover related entities.
Attendees will learn:
- An introduction to Threat Infrastructure Analysis
- The questions that should be asked during an investigation
- How to pivot between multiple threat datasets to isolate attacker infrastructure
- Enhanced context via web crawling
- Common analyst pitfalls
- Hands-on exercises
- What their own organisation’s digital footprint looks like from an attacker’s perspective
Attendees will also receive a certification completion for 6 CPE credits.
The full agenda for the London and Paris events is as follows:
- 12:00: Lunch and registration
- 12:45: Welcome and introductions
- 13:00: Hands-on exercises with RiskIQ
- 15:45: Break
- 16:00: DDW Investigation with Flashpoint
- 16:45: Discussion and additional advanced use cases
- 17:30: Close
To register for the London or Paris Threat Hunting Workshops, please visit the RiskIQ website.
RiskIQ is the leader in digital threat management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures. Visit RiskIQ.com or follow us on Twitter.
Richard Scarlett, Gemma White or Gabriel Hedengren
Finn Partners, on behalf of RiskIQ
Telephone: 020 7017 8421