60 resellers prequalified, Panasonic actively seeking additional specialist handheld resellers for new Toughbook Edge channel programme
With almost a third of its rugged mobile device range now dedicated to the handheld market and the recent appointment of ScanSource as a European specialist distributor, Panasonic sights are now firmly set on expanding its success from the rugged notebook and tablet markets to this sector.
Panasonic has launched the dedicated handheld channel programme, called Edge, designed to support and incentivise value-added resellers (VARs) in the sector. The Edge programme will offer resellers dedicated marketing, sales and technical support in return for meeting qualification criteria.
“The new resellers will have a proven track record in the delivery of value-added, rugged handheld solutions covering hardware, software and services,” said Steven Vindevogel, sales director, at Panasonic Toughbook. “As the new partners agree and then achieve sales targets they will be promoted through the three-tier channel programme, reaping the rewards of our mutual success in a 735MM Euro rugged handheld market across Europe.”
Panasonic is particularly interested in recruiting handheld specialist resellers in the major European territories to complement its initial list of partners and will be working with its new Distributor, ScanSource, to identify and enrol them.
Resellers will have access to solutions support and devices such as the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 & FZ-N1 handheld tablets, with their unique angled rear barcode reader to protect against repetitive strain and enhance user productivity. These tough, yet ergonomic, devices have already begun to establish a reputation as the mobile handheld device of choice for workers in industries such as transportation and logistics, retail and manufacturing.
Giving resellers the Edge
Edge has been built from the ground up to offer dedicated support to resellers and Independent Software Vendors who supply fully-featured rugged handheld solutions to specialist vertical markets such as field service, supply chain and proof of delivery and who can commit to the programme criteria.
The Edge Programme is designed around the current and future class-leading 5” rugged handhelds such as the FZ-F1 and FZ-N1 and their associated peripherals and warranty packs. All products are available through ScanSource Europe, the leading value added trade-only distributor.
*As reported by VDC Research, March 2017
 VDC Research, 2016
+ 44 (0) 118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 – March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global