Longer battery life, enhanced security and superior usability features make this device highly desirable for mobile workers
Additionally, Panasonic has enhanced the login security of the device with a new Windows Hello enabled front camera, coupled with IR sensors and LED, which means that users can log in and are recognised via a 3D picture of themselves, enabling them to securely log in without a password. The device also comes with a removable SSD as a project option* for sensible data protection and TPM 2.0 provides a key in the hardware to encrypt and decrypt the device in isolation, providing even more security for the corporate environment and the ability to support critical government and defence businesses.
New features also include an optional magnetic stripe reader which allows for the reading of loyalty cards, driving licences and membership cards for example. And finally, significant improvements to the rear camera deliver sharper photos with enhanced picture quality, even in dark environments. These rich feature sets combined with a glove-enabled touchscreen, purpose-built vehicle mount and desktop port replicator, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 is an unrivalled mobile business machine.
With 6 different operating modes, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 has a wide range of business uses. It can operate as a regular notebook and in presentation mode. The screen can be folded right back on itself to use the device in convertible mode as a tablet or the tablet can be detached. Using the in-built handle, the device can be operated hanging on a wall, on the arm or whilst being carried. Finally, vehicle mode allows the device to be docked in a vehicle for use when on the move.
Target industries for the device include insurance assessors, fleet management and car hire, field workers, maintenance and service technicians in utilities and telecommunications, as well as government agencies, defence and the emergency services.
An important element of the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 notebook’s versatility is its comprehensive range of industry ports and customisable options giving maximum flexibility however the device is used.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 has a 10.1″, 10-finger capacitive multi-touch WUXGA screen (1920 x 1200 pixels). Suitable for workers that need to operate touchscreens with gloves, the device uses the latest IPS Panel technology providing a new level of viewing quality for tablet users working outside with its 800cd/m² brightness. In addition, there is the option of a digitizer pen for workers that need greater touchscreen accuracy in tough weather conditions.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 is powered by Intel® Core™ i5-7Y57 vPro™ processor technology (4MB cache, 1.2GHz up to 3.3 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology) with fanless design, Intel® HD Graphics 615, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and full Windows 10 Pro operating system.
To ensure mobile workers are always connected, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 is equipped with a 2MP Windows Hello webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera. There is a 4G LTE option for connection to the office and workforce management systems and the option for the latest U-Blox 8 GPS for precise navigation.
Available at launch, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 has a full array of peripherals to maximise a mobile worker’s productivity whether on the road or in the office.
The device’s slim, purpose-built vehicle dock comes with optional antenna pass-through for the strongest communications signal whilst in the vehicle, and full port replication to provide users with the full functionality of the device when docked. The tablet is removable when the keyboard base is in the dock. The device can also be locked in storage mode to keep the CF-20 secure and is lockable when in convertible mode to allow for job routing and access to the GPS functionality.
The sleek Desktop Port Replicator allows the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 to be used as a high performance desktop device. The four bay battery charger is ideal for large organisations where the ability to charge multiple batteries can reduce work downtime.
Rugged yet user-friendly
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 draws upon its heritage for ruggedness with a magnesium and IP65 and MIL-STD 810G rated design making it ideal for all outdoor usage. But this latest generation of Toughbook is more mobile than ever before, weighing just 1.89kg in notebook mode – with the detachable tablet weighing 950g – well below the 2kg industry standard for a device of this kind.
The integrated handle renders the device instantly portable and stable to use, and keyboard keys 8% larger than the previous generation device facilitates data input.
Pricing and availability
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 notebook comes with a standard 3 year warranty and will be available from March 2018, priced at £2218 + VAT.
*Available late summer 2018.
+ 44 (0) 118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 – March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global