LONDON – 25 October, 2018 – Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD), global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software (HCM), has today announced that the NSPCC is extending its partnership to offer Cornerstone Learning and Extended Enterprise to its volunteers.
With much of the workforce so often on the move, it is critical for the NSPCC to have a platform that can enable its workforce to complete its personal development plans, and to learn wherever and whenever they need.
Whilst the NSPCC has provided learning and training through Cornerstone Learning Suite to its employees since 2014, it has now expanded its use of the platform to include all of its volunteers.
The entire workforce will soon have the opportunity to learn and develop their own career, ensuring every employee and volunteer has the right skills necessary to provide the best services to young people.
Volunteers are at the heart of what the NSPCC do and carry out roles such as visiting schools to teach children how to stay safe from abuse, to being there for young people in desperate need through its Childline service.
Through implementing Cornerstone Learning Suite, Cornerstone Performance Suite and Cornerstone Extended Enterprise for both its employees and volunteers, the NSPCC is:
- Transforming its learning culture. Using Cornerstone, the organisation is creating an appetite for learning amongst NSPCC employees and volunteers alike. Having instant access to a host of learning videos, modules and content allows people to develop and learn to meet the organisation’s needs and realise their own potential.
- Enabling self-directed learning and improving retention. Employees and volunteers now have the opportunity to access learning and development courses through an easy-to-use portal, as and when they need it. By allowing people to take charge of their own career development, people can progress on their own terms, whether that is full time or part time. The NSPCC also expects this to improve its talent retention and employee engagement.
- Aligning employee performance with company values. After reviewing its own values and creating a behavioural framework, the NSPCC is now linking performance and behaviours to the mission of the organisation. The workforce can now be appraised on their behaviours and how they align with the ethos and company culture, ensuring the organisation has the right people and can build its leadership pipeline.
- A workforce for the future. With Cornerstone Extended Enterprise, the entire NSPCC workforce – from volunteers to employees – will feel valued. Volunteers, in particular, will come and go and move between roles as their lifestyles change, but with Cornerstone, they are building up a stronger engagement with the NSPCC as they are able to continuously develop and build a career pathway where the door is always open to them.
Comments on the News
“The NSPCC has a responsibility to provide the best services possible to ensure that children in the UK are protected, so it’s vital that we have qualified people for this. Our priority is to offer comprehensive learning and development opportunities to our workforce of volunteers and employees, so we can effectively give back to young people. Using Cornerstone, we are able to offer a flexible learning and development solution that is also scalable for our growing workforce,” said Liane Smith, Head of Volunteer and Employee Engagement and Development, NSPCC.
“To prevent cruelty to children the NSPCC knows it needs the full power and strength of its employees and volunteers. The NSPCC is keeping on top of immediate and short-term development needs of its workforce, whilst building long-term relationships. This is the perfect example of an organisation valuing all the individuals in its workforce by supporting their career growth,” said Vincent Belliveau, executive vice president and general manager EMEA at Cornerstone OnDemand.
- For more information about Cornerstone Learning, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/learning-suite
- For more information about Cornerstone Performance, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/performance-suite
- For more information about Extended Enterprise, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/extended-enterprise
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand Inc. (NASDAQ: CSOD) is a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software. The company’s solutions help organisations to realise the potential of the modern workforce. From recruitment, onboarding, training and collaboration, to performance management, compensation, succession planning, people administration and analytics, Cornerstone is designed to enable a lifetime of learning and development that is fundamental to the growth of employees and organisations.
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by more than 3,350 clients worldwide, spanning 37 million users across 192 countries and 43 languages. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit us on Twitter, Facebook and our blog. http://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
About the NSPCC
The NSPCC is the leading children’s charity fighting to end child abuse in the UK and Channel Islands. Using voluntary donations, which make up around 90 per cent of our funding, we help children who’ve been abused to rebuild their lives, we protect children at risk, and we find the best ways of preventing child abuse from ever happening. So, when a child needs a helping hand, we’ll be there. When parents are finding it tough, we’ll help. When laws need to change, or governments need to do more, we won’t give up until things improve.
Our Childline service provides a safe, confidential place for children with no one else to turn to, whatever their worry, whenever they need help. Children can contact Childline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our free NSPCC helpline provides adults with a place they can get advice and support, share their concerns about a child or get general information about child protection. Adults can contact the helpline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Charlotte Stoel/Lucy Steadman
Phone: +44 (0)203 861 3600