New Motorola Mobility Survey Shows More Smartphone Users Crossing the Line Between Work and Play
LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – April 5, 2011 – Work hard, play hard. Many Americans use this phrase to sum up their approach to balancing their professional and personal lives. However, in reality, it is becoming increasingly difficult to “disconnect.”
According to a new Motorola Mobility survey, nearly half of Americans say they’ve been woken at night by a work call, text or email. On top of that, 53 percent of Americans cop to checking their work emails while on vacation, and over half admit to “friending” co-workers on social networking sites.
Additional key findings from the survey include:
30% of Americans have used their smartphones to text, play a game, listen to music, or watch a video while bored in a work meeting.
15% of Americans have accidentally emailed or texted a personal note to a work colleague, customer, or client from their smartphone.
To help Americans get one step closer to the elusive work/life balance, the Motorola CLIQ 2™ helps people manage their work and personal lives in one device. A 3G smartphone that benefits from faster speeds at no additional cost on the T-Mobile 4G network*, the Motorola CLIQ 2 keeps up with even the most hectic lifestyle. It features three customizable homescreens allowing users to access apps, shortcuts and widgets specific to work, home and weekend—all from the same device. All of this makes it easier to check corporate email, book meetings, update a Facebook® status and tweet via Twitter TM on the go. Even merge work and personal calendars, so there’s never a missed appointment or get-together.
For work, calendar capabilities comparable to a PC make it easy to setup meetings, access your corporate directory, and use the phone’s 3G Hotspot ability to keep you and your colleagues connected while away from the office.
For play, loading your favorite sites is easy given the smartphone’s 4G speeds*, 1GHz processor and Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, and you’ll love watching movies, shows and videos on the high-resolution edge-to-edge display.
For both, Motorola CLIQ 2 comes with a unique QWERTY keyboard that makes typing, (whether it’s a work email or quick text about Friday night plans) a cinch
- Motorola Mobility Brings Motorola XOOM™ Wi-Fi to United States
- Motorola Mobility Debuts “Empower the People” Ad Showcasing Award-Winning Motorola XOOM Tablet During Super Bowl XLV
- Motorola Mobility Honored at IP&TV Industry Awards Ceremony
- Motorola Mobility Announces Intent to Acquire Dreampark
- Verizon and Motorola Mobility Team Up to Offer Consumers the ‘Motorola Draft Day Experience’ Sweepstakes
- Introducing Motorola PRO in Europe; Finally a Work Phone Worth Taking Home
- Motorola Mobility Announces Retail Agreements in Europe for Motorola XOOM™
- Microsoft would work with Motorola on Windows Phone 7, CEO says
- Motorola Mobility Showcases Software and Service Offerings at Mobile World Congress 2011
- Motorola Mobility Invests in Catch Media
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.