Myriad Group Unleashes Mobile Social Networking to the 80 Percent of Asian Subscribers without a Smartphone
- Myriad Updates enables operators to monetize Facebook and Twitter on low-end devices for the first time
- Just switch it on, the mass-market solution that needs no data plan or application download
ZURICH, Switzerland – April 12, 2012 – Myriad Group AG (SIX: MYRN), the company powering billions of rich mobile social and web experiences on any connected device, today announces it is launching its new mobile social networking service for low-end phones, Myriad Updates, in Asia.
Available on nearly any mobile device, Myriad Updates enables mobile subscribers who have limited or no access to data to connect to Facebook and Twitter, and become part of the explosive growth of global social networks.
With only 19% smartphone penetration in Asia (VisionMobile, November 2011), Myriad Updates is opening up new markets and creating huge revenue opportunities for Asian mobile carriers by enabling them to more effectively monetize subscribers on low-end devices.
Over 2.5 billion mobile users around the world already rely on Myriad software and Myriad has already gained significant commercial success with Tier 1 carriers such as Telefónica, Vodafone and Orange in other regions with low smartphone penetration such as Africa, India and Latin America. In doing so, Myriad is on track to deliver social networking services to over 1 billion mobile users by the end of 2012. Powered by Myriad’s mobile social networking platform – Xumii, Myriad Updates presents the user’s social network activity on-screen as text using the USSD bearer. This in turn enables users to stay connected without having to install an app or requiring a data plan.
Myriad was selected by Orange to deliver mobile social networking to over 70 million subscribers across its Africa region. In the first week of launch, one carrier signed over 50,000 paying subscribers to their new social networking service powered by Myriad Updates.
Myriad’s deep heritage in embedded software and its unique ability to deliver end-to-end solutions enables carriers to rapidly deliver cutting edge, scalable and robust services while creating new revenue opportunities, no matter where in the world the carrier operates or whatever devices they support.
“By establishing a successful track record of enabling and monetizing mobile social experiences, Myriad has attracted significant interest in both developed and high-growth markets. We are excited to introduce Myriad Updates to Asia as it has already proven so successful for Tier 1 carriers like Orange, Telefónica and Vodafone,” said Gordon Tsang, SVP Sales & GM, Asia. “Now, by allowing carriers to more effectively monetize subscribers on low-end devices who do not have a data plan, we are enabling them to capitalize on the huge demand for mobile social network access – creating new lines of revenue from the majority of their subscriber base, a group that was previously out of reach.”
- Myriad Updates on Track to Deliver Mobile Social Networking to Over 1 Billion Mobile Users by End of 2012
- Myriad Group and Vodafone Announce Partnership to Power Social Networking and Messaging Services Across India
- Myriad Selected as 2011 Meffys Awards Finalist for Myriad Updates Mobile Social Networking Service
- Myriad Group Expands Global Footprint in Key Markets
- Myriad Group Wins LAPTOP Magazine’s Best of CTIA Award for Best Enabling Technology
- Myriad Group To Receive USD 12 Million In Openwave Settlement
- Myriad Group Expects Solid Underlying Revenues of approx. USD 35 million for First Half 2011
- Myriad Group Announces $10M Taiwanese Deal to Power Blu-Ray Solutions
- Myriad Connect & Share Technology Powers SK telesys 1st DLNA-Enabled Phone
- T-Mobile Unleashes Second Google Phone
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.