Micromax revolutionizes the education system With Funbook in India
Funbook to host the biggest education exchange
- Partners with Pearson, Everonn, and Vriti to bring best of digital Education to its users.
- Partners with Bigflix, Indiagames and Zenga to bring best of entertainment on one device.
- Ties up with Tata Photon + to bundle EVDO data card with 1 GB of additional download for two months. Funbook will also be retailed at Tata stores.
- Available at an amazing retail price of Rs. 6,499/-
- Announces roll out in more than 50 cities acrossIndia. Plans to step beyond its own network of 100,000 stores, targets MBOs / organized trade and e-commerce portals to sell the device.
- Running on Android 4.0.3 (Ice CreamSandwich).
New Delhi, April 03, 2012: Micromax Informatics Limited (“Micromax”), the 12th largest handset manufacturer in the world*, today launched, first of its kind edutainment device- Funbook on Ice-creamSandwich (Android 4.0.3). The device is targeted at 67% (close to 20 million) of the total urban youth population inIndia who aspire to own a computing device for learning and fun.
Micromax has partnered with leading players to provide education and entertainment content. These partnerships include Pearson and Everonn to make available unique and relevant content for the students and BigFlix, Zenga and Indiagames to provide entertainment and gaming pleasure. The device will be available at 100,000 retail outlets across 50 cities in India and consumers can also order it exclusively through snapdeal.com. To make online content available to users, the device will come bundled with Tata Photon plus, with additional 1GB download offer for the first two months.
A perfect combination of hardware, content and seamless connectivity for a high-quality and engaging experience, Funbook is poised to change the way fun and learning is consumed on the go.
Unveiling the new device, Mr. Deepak Mehrotra, CEO, Micromax said, “Fun and education are two important elements of a youth’s life; they always try to balance between what they “have to do” and what they “want to do”. With the launch of Funbook, we are offering a smart solution to solve this dilemma, and we believe that Funbook will help create a balance between the two.”
Speaking on the partnership Mr. Swapnil Shrivastav, Co-Founder and CEO, Vriti said “We want to make smart learning pervasive. With Micromax’s Funbook bundled with V Learn Smart and internet connectivity, this becomes a reality. With quality content from content providers and education institutes, Vriti will deliver these smart courses, leveraging data analytics of 200+ million questions, and create personalized learning experience for a student.”
“Tata Teleservices Limited is keen to support efforts to massify Digital Education in the country and wants Tata Photon Product Family to be the device of choice for first-time Internet users,” Mr Sunil Tandon, Head, Non-Voice Services, Tata Teleservices Limited, said.
“As the world’s leading learning company, Pearson intends to make learning increasingly intimate and personalized. We believe that tablets are a great medium for offering an interactive and compelling learning experience” He added “we strongly believe this can only be done through a network of partners, and so we are pleased to be able to partner with Micromax in the launch of an educational tablet that delivers world-class Pearson content to its users.”- Mr. Max Gabriel, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Pearson India.
“We believe that digital learning facilitated through tablets will revolutionize the educational space. Everonn is committed and has invested in developing content and services targeted towards Tablet audiences. To start with, we will offer our School curriculum-learning modules, IIT/JEE test prep module and @home live tuition products on Funbook. Students can now have access to good teachers, educational content and a great learning experience anytime anywhere. We are confident that students will enjoy this experience of new age learning and to encourage adoption, we have made our products interesting, interactive and affordable. We are happy to be associated with Micromax and Vriti in this endeavor” Ms. Susha John – Director & CEO Everonn Education Limited.
Funbook comes with 17.78cm capacitive screen, runs on 1.2GHz processor, 512MB RAM and is 1cm in thickness. For the avid readers, the device can be customized as a mini library by storing contents up to 4GB in its internal memory that is expandable up to 32GB. The Funbook integrates a 0.3 MP VGA Front Facing Camera to capture images to relive all your favorite memories. With HD Video playback at 1080p, users can enjoy watching videos, movies and clips in brilliant Hi-Definition mode. The HDMI port lets you connect with any other multimedia device such as TV or projector and enjoy the content in the desired way. With its big screen, watching movies, pictures and games is always a joy, reading books and surfing the net becomes much easier and convenient.
Micromax Funbook is available in 2 variants; Suave Silver and Brilliant Black. Available across all leading outlets in India, buyers can also choose to order the device through Micromax website through their newly launched section e-store, powered by Ncarry. For more information, please visit www.micromaxfunbook.com
Features that you cannot afford to miss:
Education becomes fun: In an endeavor to fulfill the dream of a literate India, Funbook will provide an enriching experience to the students by transforming classroom teaching to e-learning.
- Now study wherever you go with Micromax Funbook’s E-learning app
- Get study materials, videos, multimedia, tests, assessment, and even references from leading content brands like Pearson, Everonn, GK Publishers, Scholarshub, Vidyalankar, Universal Tutorials, CAPS, Zionand many more
- Powered by Vriti, the e-learning app allows access to more than 500 smart courses ranging from Class 1 to Degree courses for CBSE, ICSE and various State Boards and even preparatory material for Medical, Engineering and MBA, making it India’s largest education exchange
Beat your Boredom: All work and no play make kids dull. With Funbook, there will never be a dull moment as it offers a wide range of fun-filled experience
- ICS, the latest Android version provides the users the freedom to choose from more than 4 lakhs apps available keeping you informed and entertained
- Powered by BIGflix, the users can choose from over 1000 movies in 9 languages from Hindi, English, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi and Punjabi, across different genres like Action and Adventure, Comedy, Romance, Thriller, Drama, Animation, Musical and Horror with free access for first 30 days
- With over 48 channels to choose from, Funbook allows users to watch their favorite show on channels like MTV, Colors, UTV Bindaas, UTV Movies, NDTV and many more – LIVE. Powered by Zenga, the Micromax Funbook leaves no stone unturned to bring entertainment in your palms.
- With improved graphic performance play games powered by Indiagames, available in a wide variety of genre such as action, adventure, arcade and fun
- Get the latest gossips from B Town and listen to chart topping numbers on ‘Bolly Buzz’ and watch favorite movie videos on M clips. Powered by Hungama
- Enjoy 1 GB of free downloads for the first two months to choose from over 4000 videos and 6000 + songs
Accessories to connect to your life easier, from anywhere: The product comes with multiple accessories to make life simpler. For those who spent most of the time travelling in car, Funbook comes with a special carry case which can be used as a car head rest for a non-stop entertainment on the go. Moreover, it will also offer a keyboard for the content creators later on. With HDMI cable, wireless headphone, WLAN to USB port cable and a screen guard, Funbook is a boon for multi-tasking.
Micromax is the 12th largest handset manufacturer in the World. The Indian brand is reaching out to the global frontier with innovative products that challenge the status quo that Innovation comes with a price. Micromax has sales presence acrossIndia and global presence inHong Kong,Bangladesh,Nepal,Sri-Lanka,Maldives, UAE,Kingdom ofSaudi Arabia,Kuwait,Qatar,Oman,Afghanistan andBrazil.
d-clip: initial; background-repeat:repeat’> Talk time