Companies building the UK’s future digital infrastructure will exhibit their latest offerings during the two-day conference in London
Bringing together alternative network providers (altnets) and builders, the conference will take place at the Amba Hotel Marble Arch, in London, on Monday, November 5 and Tuesday, November 6.
A Tech Showcase on November 5 will feature INCA member companies introducing their latest solutions and platforms, all geared towards enabling ubiquitous, high-speed connectivity across the UK and preparing networks for the 5G era.
“We are thrilled to welcome such a wide range of companies and vendors to our Annual Conference and are particularly pleased that some have chosen INCA’s Annual Conference as a platform to launch their latest innovations,” said INCA CEO Malcolm Corbett. “The exhibitions will bring an exciting element to the conference, as they will enable people to see first hand what our members do and how next-generation broadband connectivity across the UK is fast becoming a reality.”
Companies taking part in the technology showcase or exhibiting at the Annual Conference include:
- Comtec will showcase both its Managed Services and Product Distribution solutions for the Fibre-to-the-X (FTTx) market at the conference. Celebrating its 40th year as one of the UK’s leading value-added distributors of IP infrastructure, Comtec has products and supply chain solutions to help its customers deploy and manage networks.
- Corning is set to discuss innovative solutions that will enable operators to deploy Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) and prepare their networks for 5G. Among the innovations will be the Corning® Ultra® Fibre solution which is the first product of its kind, combining both low attenuation and bend tolerance. This loose tube fibre optic cable design has evolved to Corning’s high-fibre-count cable offering including its MiniXtend® HD cable which is up to 20 per cent smaller than a standard micro cable. Corning’s OptiTap® connector will also be shown. Mike Knott, Market Development Manager at Corning and Board Member of the Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) Council Europe, will also discuss 5G during a panel discussion on November 6.
- Esri UK will showcase innovative FTTP and wireless broadband design and planning software delivered in partnership with 3-GIS. The location-based software is designed to enable INCA members to bring the field environment to their planning and design teams’ desktop and mobile devices, creating up to 50 per cent operational efficiencies, enhanced communication and better decision making across the business.
- HellermannTyton will bring a range of last mile solutions including the new S–series fibre wall boxes. The S–series product range offers maximum flexibility within three enclosure sizes. The S-5 offers up to 432 splices and 96 customer drops while the S-3 offers 96 splices and up to 24 customer drops. Completing the range, the compact S-1 can offer eight customer drops and spliced options. The flexibility of layout and the ease of installation sets new standards for fibre wall enclosures. The S-series of enclosures further complements HellermannTyton’s range of FTTx products which includes street cabinet solutions, underground and aerial deployment products and in-building fibre management solutions. HellermannTyton’s range of products and solutions have supported network roll outs for more than 25 years.
- Hyperoptic was named ‘Best Superfast Broadband’ provider by the Internet Service Providers’ Association for the past six years – it is the UK’s largest residential gigabit fibre broadband provider. Hyperoptic will share the latest developments in its own dedicated fibre network, which has unmatched speed, reliability and customer service. Hyperoptic aims to have its hyper-fast service available to two million homes by 2022 and five million by 2025.
- Nominet will showcase its spectrum management platform WaveDB, a cloud-based system designed to answer the needs of national regulators and network operators dealing with increased Internet traffic. The platform improves the efficiency of spectrum use, opens up new market opportunities and enables wireless advancements for businesses.
- ITS Technology Group (ITS) designs, builds and operates gigabit capable full fibre and hybrid networks. At the INCA Annual Conference, it will provide updates on its pioneering ‘dig once’ model, which reuses existing infrastructure to reduce costs and accelerate the build of full fibre networks. ITS works with key strategic and local partners including councils to create value from its networks across a wide range of customer segments, and has been an authorised supplier of the government’s Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme since its inception in 2017.
- Zeetta Networks will reveal details of its work on new Government-funded projects on 5G Smart Tourism and 5G RuralFirst. The projects aim to provide broader and richer 5G connectivity in key areas of tourism and rural life, with Zeetta’s end-to-end network slicing and orchestration technology allowing more flexible, assured deployment of high-bandwidth, low latency communications.
The INCA Annual Conference is being held in conjunction with the first-ever INCA Awards ceremony, which will celebrate the best of the UK’s independent network builders and operators.
For more information about the INCA annual conference, please see: https://www.inca.coop/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=99.
For further information about the INCA Awards, please see: https://www.inca.coop/awards.
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
The Independent Networks Co-operative Association (INCA), was established in 2010 as a co-operative trade association for next generation broadband services. INCA brings together the most innovative thinkers in the independent alternative network sector, creating new digital infrastructure in the UK and Ireland.
About The INCA Awards
The INCA Awards were established in 2018 to recognise the achievements of alternative network providers (altnets). Network builders, operators and other independents are eligible to enter the seven categories, which include Technical Innovation, Commercial Innovation, Urban Impact, Rural Impact, Best Community Project, Best Public Sector Impact and Outstanding Contribution.
+44 (0)1636 704 888