BRACKNELL, UK. 27th APRIL 2017 – Konica Minolta Business Solutions, a leading document and print solutions and services provider, has set the industry standard for customer service using Cognito iQ’s software applications and Panasonic Toughpad tablets.
The 280 field service technicians use the Cognito iQ solution for the latest in workflow management giving them a real-time feed to and from head office via the Panasonic Toughpad tablets.
The implementation of Cognito iQ Operational Performance Management, the latest in field workforce analytics, has given Konica Minolta unparalleled visibility of their engineering operation; resulting in a 30% increase in productivity, increased customer satisfaction and reduced staff turnover.
At an operational level, the engineers now have all the tools they need at their fingertips to make a fast and efficient service call when visiting any one of Konica Minolta’s multifunctional devices or printers at businesses across the UK.
Ged Cranny, Head of Service at Konica Minolta, said: “Having the combination of the Cognito iQ platform and the Panasonic Toughpad tablets has dramatically changed the working life of our engineers. Previously they would be laden down with tools, manuals, laptops, phones and PDA’s. Now they have access to job lists, stock lists, online manuals, email, conferencing facilities and can even take photographs and videos from one single device using the consolidated workforce management platform.
“Through analysis of the field operation, Konica Minolta has managed to reduce travel times per job by 3 minutes. Customer satisfaction scores, measured using Net Promoter Score, are consistently high. And perhaps the most surprising outcome has been employee engagement; engineer attrition reduced by 50% within 18 months and recruitment costs at zero.”
For the Konica Minolta technicians the tablet and application provide everything they need for a fast and efficient service call. The touchscreen Panasonic Toughpad tablet is easy to use and tough enough to stand up to the regular knocks and scrapes it receives on the road. Using the application, technicians receive their work schedule, can record information, check parts availability and the latest information and stay in touch with the office – all in real-time. All this means improved first-time fix rates, providing customers with increased reliability and a better experience.
Using the Cognito iQ and Panasonic solution, Konica Minolta has seen benefits in three key areas: Customer Service, Productivity and Employee Engagement.
Since the technology was first introduced, Konica Minolta has seen:
- A 31% increase in the number of jobs completed per month.
- A 16% rise in customer satisfaction scores.
- A 9% increase in average worker performance scores
Video Case Study
For the full video case study visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-w742_u0c
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
PSCEU is the European branch of Panasonic Systems Communications Company, the global B2B division of Panasonic. PSCEU’s goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. Products include PBX telephone switches, document printers, professional cameras, projectors, large visual displays, rugged mobile PCs and fire alarms solutions. With around 400 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of four product categories:
- Communication Solutions, including professional scanners, multifunctional printers, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European projector market with 28% revenue share (Futuresource B2B market tracking, Q1/2014).
- Professional Camera Solutions, including Broadcast & ProAV products, security, fire alarm systems and industrial medical vision (IMV) technology. Panasonic is one of the top two professional camera vendors in Europe.
- Computer Product Solutions helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 66% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 59% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2015 (VDC Research, March 2016).