IP EXPO’s “MY VISIT” plan your day goes mobile
There’s an app for that: IP EXPO launches its MY VISIT app for Android, BlackBerry and iPhone users
London, UK – 21st September 2011 – IP EXPO, the UK’s largest enterprise IT event, today launched a mobile phone application to enhance its customer experience programme, MY VISIT. The application, which supports all major smart phone operating systems (including Android, BlackBerry and iPhone), is a practical tool and a social sharing platform all wrapped into one. Download the application today at www.ipexpo.co.uk/mobile.
IP EXPO is the only event in the UK where visitors can explore the entire technology stack, from virtualization to security, and see how technology works together. The impressive, free programme of seminars, hands-on labs and panel sessions boasts tech legends such as Steve Wozniak, Chief Scientist of Fusion-io and co-founder of Apple. Just a few of the major players who will be exhibiting at IP EXPO this year include the likes of Aruba, Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, DataCore, Dell, EMC, Fusion-io, Google, HP, Huawei, Juniper, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, NetApp, Oracle, Quest Software, Shoretel, Symantec, VMware, and Vodafone.
The IP EXPO mobile phone application helps visitors plan their time at the event and helps speakers and exhibitors stay in touch with visitors and gather feedback. It includes features such as:
· a complete event guide including details on all 240+ seminar sessions
· a personalised scheduling facility
· maps of the exhibition floor and venue
· a built-in QR code reader
· sharing tools for users to share content including speaker profiles and links to their seminar sessions
· a “feedback” tool – app users can vote on their favourite seminar sessions
· a “MY VISIT” tool that enables users to bookmark and quickly access sessions, notes, exhibitors and other information
Neil Robertson-Ravo, Social Business and Online Manager at Imago Techmedia, the event organiser, said, “MY VISIT on the smart phone is a smart move. Our attendees need to make effective use of their time, and with the new application they can plan their day at IP EXPO weeks in advance, the moment they sit down on the train, or even in the spacious lounges at Earls Court—the choice is theirs. For those who decide to plan the bulk of their visit on the day, independent IT analysts and consultants will be available to help guide the experience to make the most of our delegates’ time and ensure each visit is a valuable one.”
Making the most of your visit: IP EXPO MY VISIT programme
IP EXPO’s mobile phone application is a natural extension part of a broader customer experience programme called “MY VISIT”.
MY VISIT is a visitor planning and advice programme to guide visitors in identifying the appropriate vendors and education seminars. Before the show, visitors can go online to create personalised agendas, make appointments with exhibitors and plan their event. The web planning tool then syncs completely with the mobile phone app for use at the show and in conjunction with other show features such as the event guide, information kiosks, digital signage and a MY VISIT Stand, which is managed by independent technology consultants.
Elements of MY VISIT include:
· IPEXPO event website – meeting planner and more
· IPEXPO mobile phone application, including the event guide plus the application’s additional functionality (launched today) – available for download at www.ipexpo.co.uk/mobile
· MY VISIT stand managed by independent technology consultants
· Visitor Kiosks – on-site information portals recreating the functionality of the mobile phone application
This year’s IP EXPO will take place at London’s Earls Court 2 on the 19th and 20th October. Register now for your free place at www.ipexpo.co.uk/Register.