Infact, November and December 2010 both were quite stellar performers adding over 45 million mobile subscribers put together.
The report released by TRAI on 9h February shows that India cumulatively reached 787.28 Million telecom subscribers by end of December 2010.
Highlights of TRAI December Telecom Report
* Indian Telephone subscriber base reaches to 787.28 Million in Dec 2010 from 764.76 Million in Nov–2010
o Wireless subscription reaches to 752.19 Million in Dec 2010 from 729.57 Million in Nov 2010
o Wireline subscription declines to 35.09 Million in Dec 2010 from 35.19 Million in Nov 2010
* 22.62 Million new additions in Mobile sector
* Active Mobile subscribers in VLR in Dec 2010 is 529.22 Million
* Overall Teledensity reaches to 66.16 in Dec 2010 from 64.34 in Nov 2010
* Overall urban and rural tele densities being 147.88 & 31.18 respectively
* Broadband subscription reaches to 10.92 Million in Dec 2010 from 10.71 Million in Nov 2010
Expand Full Story Via: Trak.in