…Combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2®…
PRINCE2 Agile will be supported by accredited training and an examination. PRINCE2 Agile will be available to qualified PRINCE2 Practitioners so a prior understanding of PRINCE2 is a necessity.
Russell Kenrick, Managing Director at ILX, comments, “PRINCE2 Agile is a new extension module tailored for organisations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2 that would like further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognised project management method. In fact, 60 percent of organisations have already had some exposure to agile – a steady ten percent increase* from last year. Ultimately PRINCE2 Agile will give key stakeholders a better understanding of how to run complex projects successfully and to help individuals to understand their role within that project.”
Mike Acaster, PPM Portfolio Manager at AXELOS, adds, “PRINCE2 Agile is the first major product development from AXELOS’ project and programme management (PPM) portfolio and will be supported by an exam qualification and accredited training to support its use. As with PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector. This webinar provides an ideal forum for questions and answers and to hear more about what PRINCE2 Agile can offer.”
PRINCE2 Agile is ideally suited for a wide range of project management and senior PMO roles such as Project Managers, Programme Managers, Project Administrators, Project Co-ordinators, Project Management Support Service Managers, CIOs, Programme Office Managers, and Head of Change.
Combining the control of PRINCE2 with the agility of agile
PRINCE2 Agile four principle areas are: (1) Lean and flow based approaches; (2) Iterative and time boxed e.g. Scrum; (3) Project focused e.g. DSDM, Feature Driven Development; (3) Standalone techniques e.g. user stories and practical implementation.
Benefits for organisations include:
- Earlier return on investment and ‘flow-based’ working for greater efficiency
- Improved communication by encouraging the use of common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines
- Clear definition of how agile can govern a project’s delivery, whilst PRINCE2 governs projects as a whole
- Greater flexibility and proven processes of PRINCE2 with agile – to deliver best of both worlds
Benefits for individuals include:
- Improved position in the job market and career progression within project and programme management by being at the forefront of Practitioners achieving the new PRINCE2 Agile qualification
- Recognised globally with an international qualification which demonstrates your ability to apply best practice approaches to managing any and every kind of project – no matter the size or scale
- A broad understanding of all of the key agile concepts and how these blend seamlessly into the PRINCE2 methodology
- Completing your PRINCE2 Agile qualification will earn individuals 15 professional development points towards a professional membership, maintaining your PRINCE2 qualification.
The ILX PRINCE2 Agile three-day classroom course is scheduled to launch in the summer 2015 and interested parties are encouraged to register their interest by visiting https://www.ilxgroup.com/uk/introducing-prince2-agile