Flexera + BDNA Cloud Asset Insights addresses this need – delivering visibility, discovery and normalisation for IT assets deployed on Amazon EC2
“Organisations are spending millions on software running on the cloud,” said Walker White, Vice President of Data Platform at Flexera. “Yet, many have no idea that moving their applications to the cloud often exposes them to the same security and compliance risk they faced with on-premises. IT executives are rightfully concerned. Bottom line? Without visibility into their IT assets on the cloud, companies can’t reduce those risks and make sound business decisions.”
Flexera commissioned the CIO QuickPulse poll in partnership with IDG Research, a leading global technology media, data and marketing services company. It gathered feedback from IT executives representing high tech, manufacturing (e.g., automotive, aerospace, mining, chemical, etc.), telecommunications & utilities, education, financial services, healthcare and retail. Among the poll’s findings:
- 98 Percent – Normalised IT Asset Data Needed to Make Sound Decisions: Nearly all (98 percent) of respondents say it’s highly important to have access to reliable, normalised information about IT assets (e.g., end of life (EOL), end of support (EOS), compatibility, pricing, etc.) across on-premises and IaaS environments to enable better decisions
- 60 Percent – Overcoming Manual Processes: Many respondents lack sufficient visibility into IT assets, particularly those deployed in an IaaS environment. When asked about their organisations’ challenges accessing IT asset information, the majority (60 percent) identified the time consuming, manual nature of the process as their biggest pain point.
- 58 Percent – IT Asset Data Essential for Security: 58 percent of respondents say without access to reliable IT asset information, gaps in IT asset visibility will lead to security breaches
- 52 Percent – Support Data Center Transformation: More than half (52 percent) believe increased visibility into IT assets would be useful in supporting data center transformation initiatives
- 42 Percent – Increased Costs: 42 percent of respondents cited increased costs among their top three concerns resulting from not having access to reliable IT asset information
- 40 Percent – Reduced Performance: 40 percent of respondents cited reduced performance among their top three concerns resulting from not having access to the same reliable IT asset information
Greater Visibility and Discovery through Automated Cloud IT Asset Management
To address industry concerns, Flexera + BDNA Cloud Asset Insights™ provides discovery and normalisation for commercial software assets deployed on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2).
Cloud Asset Insights helps address cloud management challenges often overlooked in cloud migration strategies. It provides greater insight and transparency into software asset spend, to ultimately enable better business decisions. For example, organisations often develop elaborate migration plans, without thinking about how they’ll manage those applications on the cloud after the migration. Cloud Asset Insights collects, normalises, enriches and reports on software assets residing on Amazon EC2 instances, as well as the instance details – enabling better application management and reducing operational & financial risks.
 The CIO QuickPulse poll asks five questions in batches of 50 respondents in an IT-related function at director level and above, at organisations with 1,000+ employees.
Learn more about:
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software and technology asset data more profitable, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of procuring software, helping companies buy only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce compliance and security risk. Powering these solutions and the entire software supply chain, Flexera has built the world’s largest and most comprehensive repository of market intelligence on technology assets. In business for 30+ years, our 1200+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at http://www.flexera.com
For more information, contact: