GISS improves delivery of important public communications using Derdack’s notification technology
- Volume of communications sent by Derdack’s notification technology exceeds 12m per year.
Potsdam, Germany, 17 October 2011: Derdack (www.derdack.com), provider of advanced enterprise notification software today announced that Gerencia de Informática de la Seguridad Social (GISS), the Social Security Department for Information Technology Management in Spain is live on Derdack’s notification software. The solution has enabled the department to improve security, reliability and control over the distribution of SMS push notifications with volumes now in excess of one million per month.
GISS sends regular communications to private citizens to keep them informed about the status of various pension and benefit applications. This includes letters, emails and SMS push messages. It previously used many systems running on a variety of IT platforms to send SMS communications. However GISS wanted to improve the way in which it used mobile communications alongside traditional channels such as direct mail.
Mr Enrique Gamero, Service Manager, GISS said, “Derdack’s software closely met our needs and it has enabled us to effectively manage the use of SMS push notifications for rapid and secure public communications. Our SMS push notification volumes are increasing month by month but I am confident that Derdack’s software will provide us with the capability to manage this growth effectively. It has given us a future proof method of sending important public SMS communications. By providing faster, more efficient notifications we have enhanced the service that we provide to private citizens whilst minimising our costs and improving our operational agility.”
The notification technology was implemented by SIA, Derdack’s local sales and support partner. The system now acts as a centralised notification hub for more than 80 business applications used by GISS that issue SMS notifications. SIA created an internal web service interface that allows each application to send SMS messages via the notification hub which manages delivery to the end-recipient over the mobile network.
The notification hub operates behind GISS’s firewall which ensures the highest level of security for the department as it eliminates the requirement to use any external services or intermediaries. Derdack’s notification software now provides a reliable and robust method of sending the growing volume of SMS communications which exceed 12 million messages per year.
Matthes Derdack, CEO of Derdack added, “The use of mobile push notifications for public communications is a growing trend in many countries. I am delighted that our advanced notification solution has helped GISS to automate distribution of high volumes of notifications and optimise the use of SMS messaging as a communication channel.”
* Derdack will be exhibiting on stand 56 in the HP Discover Zone, at HP Discover from 29 November to 1 December in Vienna.
- Derdack announces launch of enterprise alerting app for Windows Phone 7 smartphones
- Derdack highlights role of automated notifications as a core application of communication-enabled business processes
- Derdack launches Blackberry app for enhanced management of IT alerts
- NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference to Focus on World’s Most Important Computing Challenges
- Keynote Presentation by Motorola Mobility Chairman and CEO Sanjay Jha at the 14th Annual Oppenheimer Technology & Communications Conference
- 3Jam: IP communications with a focus on SMS
- Eugene Kaspersky at CeBIT 2011: “Safeguarding Mobile Devices Now More Important Than Ever”
- Clearer visibility of product roadmaps improves IT planning
- Intel Mobile Communications Ships World’s Smallest HSPA+ Solution for 3G Smart Phones
- City University of New York and IBM to Reduce Energy Consumption in Public School Buildings
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.