Hamburg, 21st April 2015 – gateprotect GmbH, a German IT security specialist and subsidiary of the Rohde & Schwarz corporate group, has expanded its product range with the R&S®SITLine ETH security solutions. Thanks to state-of-the-art cryptographic methods, these guarantee the current maximum security for Ethernet wide area networks: The SITLine-ETH encryption devices are BSI-approved for the NATO RESTRICTED and VS-NfD confidentiality levels and thus offer highly secure protection to military standards, even for corporate data.
Ethernet is the modern de facto standard transmission technology for wide area networks (WAN), which are designed for efficient and affordable voice or data transmission between company and data centre sites. These networks used by commercial enterprises entail a high risk of manipulation and are thus a gateway to international industrial espionage. gateprotect now offers a highly secure and universally deployable Ethernet encoding system to protect wide area networks. The SITLine ETH product series encrypts data flows and business communication with military standards with minimum network loads.
The devices of the SITLine ETH series are BSI-approved Ethernet encoders that also reliably protect heterogeneous network structures. The range starts with extremely robust small devices, which may be applied in temperatures ranging from -20°C to +70°C in server rooms without air-conditioning as well as directly on the desk or for mobile use in a vehicle. High-performance encoders for data centres with throughput of 40 Gbit/s per device and a design optimised for use in the data centre are also part of the product range. Wearing parts such as fans, power supply units and batteries have a redundant layout and can be changed while operation is ongoing. The encoders are based on the innovative platform architecture of Rohde & Schwarz, which ensures low consumption with the latest electronic components and also the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) per gigabit for OSI Layer 2 encoders.
The properties of SITLine ETH at a glance:
- Maximum entropy: The data is protected via 257-bit ECC encryption, which corresponds to approx. 3200-bit RSA.
- Strict security standards: Their observance justify the NATO RESTRICTED and VS-NfD certifications.
- Stable product availability: Rohde & Schwarz has been a supplier of high-end technology to the military, authorities, corporate groups and SMEs for a long time.
- Optimum protection: The solution works without central key servers, and is thus both highly available and also effectively protected against corresponding attacks.
- Maximum performance: Thanks to the optimal application of special components, data throughput is not impaired, despite encryption. There is no additional load placed on network links, so high performance of up to 40 Gbit/s throughput is ensured.
- Trustworthiness: The solution bears the quality seal ‘IT-Security made in Germany’ from the manufacturer association TeleTrusT e.V. and is developed in Germany and manufactured in the company’s own factories.
- Numerous functions: SITLine ETH offers a comprehensive set of features with innovative components for manipulation protection and for network compatibility.
Press release can be downloaded at: http://www.gateprotect.com
gateprotect GmbH has been a leading international manufacturer of IT security solutions in the field of network security for over ten years. The solutions developed in Germany include firewalls with all modern UTM functionalities for small and medium-sized companies, managed security systems for larger companies and VPN client systems for the networked connection of branches and home offices. All gateprotect UTM firewalls are equipped with innovative security features and the patented eGUI® technology. Thanks to the unique visual representation of the network, even complex security systems are extremely easy to operate.