London, UK, 16 January 2018 — Vectra, the leader in automating the hunt for in-progress cyberattacks, today announced that Vectra Networks has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Visionaries quadrant in its 2018 Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems. The report provides a detailed overview of the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) market, and evaluates vendors based on completeness of vision and ability to execute.
“To us, our positioning in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems is validation of our mission to enable customers to use AI to detect and respond to cyberattacks in real time,” said Hitesh Sheth, president and CEO of Vectra. “Cognito is a revolutionary AI platform that is transforming cybersecurity and dramatically improving enterprise security operations.”
Over the past 12 months, major enhancements and drivers to the Vectra business have included:
- Grew CY2017 revenue by 181% over CY2016.
- Announced the ability for its customers to integrate threat intelligence and indicator-of-compromise (IoC) feeds into its Cognito platform to further improve their threat detection coverage.
- Introduced Attack Campaigns to further automate threat hunting by exposing the relationships between threat detections on separate workloads and devices to understand the activity and scope of attack campaigns.
- Announced the integration of network-based cyberattack detection with Carbon Black Cb Response to detect and isolate active threats in enterprise networks with unprecedented speed and precision.
- Issued five U.S. patents, numbers 9237164, 9407647, 9565208, 9602533 and 9628512, for advanced cybersecurity analytics capabilities automated by AI. These patents demonstrate the effectiveness of security research and data science collaborating to enhance visibility into attacker behaviour.
- Announced a collaboration with VMware to leverage the capabilities of VMware NSX® to accelerate the detection and mitigation of hidden cyberattackers in virtualised data centres, allowing for the mitigation of advanced threats close to the source in order to minimise potential damage.
Please click here http://info.vectra.ai/vectra-visionary-2018-gartner-magic-quadrant-for-idps for more information about this announcement or download a complimentary copy of the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems. For more information about Vectra and Cognito, visit vectra.ai.
Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Craig Lawson, Claudio Neiva, January 10, 2018.
About the Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Vectra® is transforming cybersecurity with AI. Its Cognito platform automates cyberattack detection and response from data centre and cloud workloads to user and IoT devices. Cognito correlates threats, prioritises hosts based on risk and provides rich context to empower response with existing security systems, reducing security operations workload by 168x. Vectra was named “Most Innovative Emerging Company” in the Dark Reading Best of Black Hat Awards. InformationWeek also named Vectra one of the Top 125 companies to watch in 2016. Vectra has been issued 5 U.S. patents with 14 additional patents pending for cybersecurity applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Vectra investors include Khosla Ventures, Accel Partners, IA Ventures, DAG Ventures and AME Cloud Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and has European regional headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. For more information, visit vectra.ai.