Lagoon Gate Drive
Lagoon Beach, Kaapstad, 7405
The #1 Optical Networking Event Conference for Africa and part of the premier Optical Networking event series
Following a very successful launch in Cape Town in February 2015, with standing room only in the conference, a sold out exhibition and 30+ different service provider companies in attendance across the two days; the 2nd annual Next Generations Optical Networking Africa conference returns to Cape Town on the 2-3rd February 2016 to a larger venue.
Next Generation Optical Networking Africa is part of the successful Next Generation Optical series covering Europe, Asia, North America and the Americas. Next Generation Optical Networking Africa has established itself as the go to conference for optical network discussions, debate and networking.
As the bandwidth boom continues, this is the ideal opportunity to share experiences and case studies and to meet and network to discuss the current challenges for both Submarine Optical and how to deploy both metro and long haul fibre networks inland and across the African continent.
The event will continue to embrace the ethos of the established and trusted European, APAC and North American conferences enabling service providers to exchange their ideas, develop expertise and share best practice with the entire optical ecosystem under one roof.
The interactive programme incorporates a mixture of case study presentations, technical workshops, speed networking, hosted lunches, one-to-one meetings, panel discussions, polling debates and operator mindshare.
The content of the conference will focus on the following topic areas:
- Outlining the African Optical landscape – Migration from legacy systems, scaling infrastructure, testing and Troubleshooting advanced technologies and monetising the optical network
- Enabling Optical Access to landlocked countries in Africa– high capacity in sub optical, how to bring this in land efficiently and at the right cost
- Business Case for New Subsea Builds in Africa – Future proofing submarine and backhaul networks serving the African region to meet growing traffic demand
- Evolution Beyond 100G– what is the status? What is happening in Metro Optical? What are the differentFTTH policies? Where is Africa with Optical Data Centre Interconnect & Cloud services?
- Converging Transport, Ethernet and IP Networks – Where does OTN, ROADMs and SDN fit in?
- Evolving Optical for the Super- Connected World – Optical Backhaul, C-RAN Backhaul & Fronthaul
- Working towards 400G & Terabit Evolution