Ability of Ericom Connect to Handle 100,000 Concurrent Sessions per Server Enables IT Administrators to Manage Virtual Desktop Deployments at Unprecedented Scale
Droitwich, UK, May 13, 2015 – Ericom Software, a global leader in application access and desktop virtualisation solutions, today announced the UK debut of Ericom Connect, its new flagship connection broker platform, at an event for customers and prospects being held in Chesham, Buckinghamshire.
“We have just started to work with the Ericom Connect solution and can already say we are impressed with the layout and features,” said Chris Butler, Head of IT Delivery for The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership. “In particular, the ability to configure individual RDS servers and applications, which makes the process of fine tuning extremely easy.”
“Ericom Connect represents a major step forward in virtualisation technology, addressing the need of organisations to more efficiently deliver access to virtualised desktops and applications, which improves business agility and streamlines IT overhead,” said Mendy Newman, Head of Solution Management, Ericom Software. “Offering ten times the scale-out user capacity currently achievable with Citrix or VMware, Connect enables organisations to expand their virtualised deployments steadily and predictably, substantially reducing IT administration overheads, while at the same time benefitting from powerful insight into the system status and reporting of many thousands of virtual devices via a single centrally managed console.”
Key benefits of Ericom Connect include:
- Hyper-scalability – highly available, robust advanced Grid Architecture can support thousands of hosting servers and hundreds of thousands of concurrent user sessions, while also enabling the universal sharing of all business logic, state information and health status across the grid
- Fast deployment and low administrative overhead – easy-to-use, drag-and-drop Web-based interface enables large-scale deployments in hours (sometimes minutes) as well as simple remote management and monitoring, eliminating any need for plug-ins or installers
- Streamlined group management – organised group management streamlines the categorization of servers, workstations and users with similar roles
- At-a-glance systems’ status and reporting – built-in business intelligence improves IT infrastructure management efficiency by providing a holistic view of utilized system resources, users and session activity. Makes it easier to track and optimise application and desktop usage, monitor user productivity, measure system workload and health and troubleshoot connectivity error issues
- Support for wide variety of end-user devices – simple, clientless access from Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, tablets, smartphones, Chromebooks and various thin-client devices, helping to reduce IT admin and helpdesk overhead
- Detailed simulation of end-user’s connection – ability to recreate end-user login experience improves IT administrators’ ability to understand and troubleshoot end-user connection issues on devices such as smartphones and tablets where remote screen sharing is not possible
Three login options are available to end-users for secure sign-in and launch of published resources:
- AccessPortal – HTML5 browser-based access
- AccessPad – a native client that displays applications or desktops using server side configuration settings
- AccessToGo – a native mobile application for iOS, Android and BlackBerry operating systems
Ericom Software has been serving UK enterprises and small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) from its European office in Droitwich, Worcestershire, since 2000. Clients include The British Library, Merseyside NHS and Swinton Insurance.