DeltaRail partners with Iconnyx for UK-wide high speed network
Project provides a high resilience connectivity solution
Two 100MB lines use private routes and switches to ensure complete fault tolerance
DeltaRail, a specialist software and technology provider to the rail industry, has partnered with Iconnyx, a fast-growing provider of managed IT and Internet services, to complete the installation of a highly resilient, bespoke, connectivity solution.
The six month project saw Iconnyx provide two 100MB circuits which utilised completely private routes, fibres and switches, on a BT infrastructure. The route that Iconnyx mapped out needed to ensure the two networks did not touch at any point, thus providing DeltaRail with complete resilience and reliability.
“Our recent consolidation of six offices into one had a significant impact on the importance we placed on our existing Internet connection. As committed cloud users, it was critical for our business that we had stable connectivity,” Gavin Harris, DeltaRail IT Manager, comments. “The Iconnyx solution provides us with not only increased bandwidth but, as the two lines run on independent circuits, the reassurance that if one line encounters a problem, the second maintains connectivity for the whole office.”
Tim Walker, Iconnyx’s Managing Director, comments, “For companies like DeltaRail, which has most of its IT infrastructure hosted in the cloud, a reliable network is vital. Our solution was to install two independent connections to provide it with ultimate resilience, which meant tracking the lines’ journey every inch of the way and building a solution that is completely bespoke.”
The solution Iconnyx provided was fully project managed, including site visits at every step of the process. It allows DeltaRail to upgrade to 1GB in the future, without the need to dig up the existing lines.
- HP Delivers Industry’s First High-speed Mobile Access Solution
- Vodacom increases capacity with new double-speed network
- Fast, green and future-proof: LANCOM 831A – the ADSL2+ router for high-speed Internet access
- Orange reinforces its Very High-Speed Broadband ambitions with a commitment to deploying solutions in every region of France
- Colliers International Selects AT&T to Deliver Global Network Infrastructure
- New high-speed 15,000km international link seamlessly connects African radio astronomers to Europe through GÉANT and UbuntuNet
- Emulex Partners with Myricom to Enter High Performance Networking Market for Low Latency Applications
- IBM Introduces New Services for Communications Service Providers to Build High Quality Multi-Play Networks
- United Bank of India Selects Cisco and Wipro to deploy Wide Area Network Optimization Solution
- AT&T Wins $150m Six-Year Contract to Help Accelerate Smiths Group’s Company-Wide Business Transformation
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.