Cornerstone’s software helps international non-profit organisation boost learning, productivity and social collaboration across its diverse workforce
Established in 1948, AIESEC strives to achieve peace and fulfilment of humankind’s potential by facilitating cross-cultural exchanges in the form of volunteering experiences and professional internships for young people. The organisation has more than 100,000 volunteers in 126 countries and territories, and sends more than 30,000 people to other countries each year on internships to learn, grow and develop their skills.
AIESEC is largely made up of university students who need to quickly learn skills to manage a business or department, work with global teams and share creative ideas. With many of its volunteers only staying with the organisation for a year, it was critical for AIESEC to implement a talent management solution that could act as a complete learning and development resource, be accessible at any time from any device, and have an intuitive user interface to appeal to its millennial stakeholders.
In 2016, AIESEC received an invitation from the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation to participate in its technology grants program, which provides non-profits working in education, workforce development or disaster relief with access to Cornerstone’s software and consulting services.
Prior to Cornerstone, AIESEC used a website to share content through a top-down structure, but wanted members to be able to communicate and collaborate faster in a flat organisational environment. Since deploying Cornerstone to more than 50,000 AIESEC volunteers in early 2017, the organisation has already seen improvements in many areas and is now better equipped to:
- Support volunteer development and knowledge sharing. Using Cornerstone’s learning management and social collaboration solutions, AIESEC volunteers have instant access to critical training and development resources and can collaborate with colleagues globally to share best practices and ideas. What’s more, new members can access ideas and use processes formed by their predecessors, and continue to develop them to meet the changing needs of the organisation. These elements allow volunteers to take command of their professional development and help the organisation to build a culture with greater volunteer engagement and higher motivation levels.
- Increase talent readiness. With Cornerstone, AIESEC can upskill volunteers quickly and ensure they are ready for both their existing and future roles. Additionally, the non-profit can now better identify high-performing volunteers for career advancement opportunities and internal mobility.
- Improve productivity. With Cornerstone, AIESEC’s business assets are all accessible through one easy-to-use solution. With more accessibility to the resources they need, volunteers can improve their time to competency, and work faster and more efficiently to share ideas, learn critical skills and continue developing.
Comments on the News
“In our AIESEC 2020 vision, one of our goals was to come up with a solution for faster, more effective communication between our members and to create an environment that promotes the growth of both of our individual volunteers and our organisation as a whole. In just a few short months since implementation, Cornerstone is already helping us to achieve that. We are excited to continue on this journey with Cornerstone to further advance our organisation,” said Christina Kelman, global vice president of network and people management at AIESEC.
“The Cornerstone Foundation selected AIESEC to receive a technology grant because the organisation’s leadership demonstrated a clear vision of how learning technology can empower and inspire a new generation of youth leaders,” said Julie Brandt, executive director for the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. “We share AIESEC’s commitment to enabling young adults to reach their full potential, and are honoured to work alongside such an innovative, transformative organisation.”
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s Learning Suite, visit: www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/learning-suite
- To learn more about Cornerstone Performance Suite, visit: www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/performance-suite
- For more information about the Cornerstone Foundation, visit: www.cornerstoneondemand.org
AIESEC is a non-governmental not-for-profit organisation in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), affiliated with the UN DPI, member of ICMYO, and is recognised by UNESCO. AIESEC International is registered as a Foundation (Stichting), RSIN #807103895 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) is a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software. The company is pioneering solutions to help organisations realise the potential of the modern workforce. From recruitment, onboarding, training and collaboration, to performance management, compensation, succession planning, people administration and analytics, Cornerstone is designed to enable a lifetime of learning and development that is fundamental to the growth of employees and organisations.
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by more than 3,000 clients worldwide, spanning more than 32 million users across 192 countries and 43 languages. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and our blog. www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
Charlotte Stoel/Lucy Steadman
Phone: +44 (0)203 861 3603
Phone: +44 (0)776 788 4556