New features for Clarizen Bot and Financial Planning Module highlights the Clarizen Fall 2017 Release
Updating timesheets typically requires users to stop what they’re doing to open spreadsheets or their timesheet app, find the appropriate tasks, milestones, or projects, and manually log time and activity details. It is a necessary, yet tedious and time-consuming process that breaks users’ workflows. As a result, managers often have to waste their time chasing down stragglers.
The Clarizen Bot automates much of that work, making the entire process faster and simpler. A user can enter a simple command in conversational language such as, “Log 1 hour on product launch,” and Clarizen Bot automatically identifies the appropriate project and tasks for reporting time.
“Logging time with Clarizen Bot is simple to use and relieves managers of the burden of chasing down their team members, who are habitual late filers, to complete their timesheets,” says Yoav Boaz, VP of Product at Clarizen. “When more people fill out their timesheets, managers gain a more complete picture of their teams’ efforts. That helps minimize delays and inaccuracies in the billing of project costs.”
Financial Planning and Reporting
The Clarizen Fall 2017 Release includes enhancements to the Financial Planning Module that relieves users of the painful, time-consuming process of using spreadsheets to track and report on the financial performance of their projects. The new module enables granular planning for:
- Project financial controllers and program managers who are planning and tracking capex and opex spend
- Professional services managers forecasting services revenues and revenue recognition timing
- Project managers tracking actual spend to plan to ensure that they’re on budget throughout the life of the project
Clarizen now provides real-time reporting visibility to time-phased financials across all projects of the organization. All levels of the organization have full visibility into how a project’s spend or revenue will impact the overall aggregate numbers by time period, instead of only seeing a lump sum when a project is complete – and it’s too late.
With more accurate financial reports and dashboards, empower users to make proactive decisions, take corrective actions immediately and drive better agility across their business.
Simplifying How Work Gets Done
Every quarter, Clarizen releases new functionalities and enhancements to its platform to improve scalability and usability. The Fall 2017 Release features several additional new capabilities that reflect that on-going commitment, including:
- Native Program Rollups and Reporting: Program Managers track different data and have different reporting needs from Project Managers, and require a space optimized for their specific needs. The Clarizen Fall 2017 Release introduces a simpler and faster way to organize project data at scale, and formalizes the role of a Program Manager.
- Permission Access Levels: Enterprises not only want to extend group permissions access to project work, but also cases that are related to that work. Users can now automatically grant these access permissions so stakeholders have complete visibility to all risks, issues, and change requests linked to the work.
The Clarizen Fall 2017 Release is now available to customers at no additional charge. The Native Program Rollups and Reporting feature will rollout in controlled availability program. All customers enjoy bi-weekly product updates and major scheduled quarterly releases with new functionality and enhancements.
Clarizen delivers secure, cloud-based collaborative work management solutions built on the vision of business agility. Clarizen combines cross-company project management with configurable workflow automation to power the agile enterprise. Discussions, tasks, projects and portfolios are all accessible from Clarizen’s scalable enterprise platform. Internal and external stakeholders both gain easy access to a single source of information to improve work execution, collaborate in-context, optimize resources and respond faster. Clarizen is a leader in Forrester’s Enterprise Collaborative Work Management report and is a two-time Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management. To learn more, visit clarizen.com.