Industry expert to guide partner and customer network transformation
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) has appointed Frank Miller as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), where he will work alongside the EMEA sales team to help Ciena customers and partners design and build more adaptive and agile networks.
Frank will provide strategic guidance on network transformation through a combination of innovative optical, packet and software technologies to address scale and automation requirements associated with rising network demands. Frank brings extensive industry experience in these areas from his previous Service Provider roles, coupled with innovative thinking around the latest programmable networking and software defined technologies.
- With more than 25 years of experience, including roles as principal engineer and strategist with deep experience working with cloud, SDN/NFV, access, transport, and wireless platforms, Frank is a globally recognized technology leader and innovator with prior leadership positions in telecom, cable and academia.
- Before joining Ciena, Frank was Vice President of Access and Chief Architect at CenturyLink, where he was responsible for strategy, definition and execution of innovative cloud, big data, SDN and NFV based services.
- Frank holds an MBA with distinction from Ashridge-Hult International Business School (Shanghai and London) and a BS in Information Technology with honours from University of Phoenix. Frank also attended Executive Training at Dartmouth University at Tuck and graduated from US Navy Dive School.
- “We’re already seeing customers in EMEA take strategic steps to prepare their networks to be more adaptive, run more efficiently through automation, anticipate unexpected spikes in bandwidth demand, and self-diagnose through advanced analytics. Frank brings an extraordinary amount of technical and practical experience and business acumen that will be instrumental in helping our customers navigate along this journey of network transformation.”
– Keri Gilder, Vice President and General Manager, EMEA, Ciena
Ciena currently serves more than 160 customers and operates in more than 13 countries across the EMEA region. Ciena serves a number of leading operators in the region, including BT, Colt, Etisilat, Janet, Jisc, Orange, Unitymedia, Virgin Media and Vodafone.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
(877) 243 6273