Category Archives: Auto
- DTM championship leader enjoys appearance in Munich
- Mattias Ekström demonstrates Audi R8 LMS in Sweden
- Award for British Audi customer racing driver
While Martin Tomczyk visited the Oktoberfest and competed against visitors to the IAA in a driving simulator, Mattias Ekström demonstrated the Audi R8 LMS in his Swedish homeland.
- Martin Tomczyk travels to Valencia with a nine-point advantage
- With six victories, Audi is the most successful brand of the season
- Last year’s winner Mattias Ekström is still in the title race too
Advantage for Audi in the DTM: Martin Tomczyk is traveling to the penultimate race of the season at Valencia, Spain (Sunday, October 2, starting at 1:45 p.m. – local time – live on “Das Erste”) as the leader of the standing and with a nine-point advantage over his immediate rival Bruno Spengler (Mercedes). This means that the Audi driver will have the first match ball.
- Audi aims for tenth “Petit Le Mans” victory at Road Atlanta
- First overseas run of the diesel race sports car
- Dindo Capello and Romain Dumas reinforce the Audi squad
In June Audi celebrated its tenth victory with the R18 TDI diesel race sports car and ultra-lightweight technology in a dramatic race at the famous Le Mans 24 Hours. Likewise, on October 1st, Audi Sport Team Joest is aiming for the brand’s tenth triumph at the U.S. counterpart, the “Petit Le Mans” at Road Atlanta in the state of Georgia.
- Prominent group of experts establishes ten theses and positions about tomorrow’s mobility
- The city and car of the future enter a symbiosis
- Audi is open to discourse and takes an active part
At the start of the IAA International Motor Show in Frankfurt, 450 international experts accepted Audi’s invitation to discuss the future of cities at the first Audi Urban Future Summit. The positions and theses of a high-caliber group of experts outlined exciting perspectives for the mobility of the future.
The Audi Urban Future Summit, held at The Squaire in Frankfurt, brought renowned researchers and experts together, and one thing emerged with great clarity: There is no such thing as the megacity. A city like New York will develop in a completely different way from Frankfurt am Main, Mumbai or Mexico City in terms of its structure and mobility. Before solutions are possible, the city in question therefore has to be examined closely in order to start by defining the right questions. The answers then relate to local needs – and at the same time have the potential to produce solutions with global reach.
BORN TO MASTER THE NÜRBURGRING: THE ALL-NEW BMW M5
Dynamic and alluring both inside and out, the all-new BMW M5 is in a class of its own.
Its Nürburgring-honed performance starts with the most powerful engine ever fitted into a series-produced BMW M model. The high-revving 560-hp M TwinPower Turbo V-8 generates 500 lb-ft of peak torque from 1500 to 5750 rpm. A new 7-speed M Double Clutch Transmission transfers every ounce of power to the road, for a lightning-fast 0-60 sprint.