New integration gives the WordPress community a scalable way to incorporate industry-leading commerce into a content-first site experience
BigCommerce, the leading ecommerce platform for fast-growing and established brands, today announced the public release of BigCommerce for WordPress, a full-featured commerce integration for WordPress powered by BigCommerce’s scalable SaaS ecommerce platform. This integration expands the ecommerce options available to the millions of merchants using WordPress by giving them the ability to easily customise and grow their ecommerce businesses like never before. In addition, BigCommerce for WordPress is a pioneer in providing native support for Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) for ecommerce, more easily enabling merchants to deliver high-performing websites across mobile devices.
“WordPress has become the platform of choice for individuals looking to build a content-first website. In fact, 30 percent of the internet’s websites currently use its content management system (CMS), including millions of brands who have tapped the CMS as their main commerce engine,” said Mark Adams, vice president of EMEA for BigCommerce. “Unfortunately, WordPress was not built to support ecommerce, and merchants who opt to use its existing ecommerce plugins inevitably run into scalability, complexity and usability issues as their business grows. BigCommerce for WordPress is a much needed alternative, as it was designed to give merchants the ability to scale their business and grow with confidence on WordPress, while receiving all the benefits of BigCommerce’s tried and tested ecommerce platform.”
With BigCommerce for WordPress, merchants benefit from streamlined channel management, access to hundreds of pre-integrated ecommerce apps, and 24/7 customer support from BigCommerce’s team of ecommerce experts. Additionally, natively embedding core BigCommerce functionality like cart, checkout, and account management, advanced promotional capabilities and access to more than 65 pre-integrated global payment gateways directly on a merchant’s domain allowing them to preserve the full site experience built on WordPress.
Additional benefits include:
- Integrated content and commerce experiences. BigCommerce for WordPress gives merchants access to the industry-leading ecommerce capabilities necessary to grow an online business at scale without sacrificing site content or user experiences.
- Industry-leading ecommerce scalability. By transferring the commerce elements of a site from the WordPress admin to BigCommerce, merchants can enjoy a more efficient experience that is not impeded by back-end bloat, and can quickly scale ecommerce functionality as the need arises.
- Native multi-site capabilities. BigCommerce merchants can now experience running multiple WordPress sites from a single BigCommerce control panel. With the expansion of BigCommerce Channel Manager, merchants can use a single product catalog and checkout to power as many WordPress sites as their business needs.
- Enhanced ecommerce security and peace of mind. Merchants using BigCommerce for WordPress can increase conversion and security with BigCommerce’s fully-embedded checkout. Deliver the fast, responsive checkout shoppers expect, while reducing the burden of PCI compliance.
- Gutenberg ready. BigCommerce for WordPress is designed for the future of WordPress. The integration is built to support Gutenberg, the updated WordPress editing experience, so that merchants have the flexibility to bring ecommerce into their site experience in the most visually-compelling way.
- AMP compatible. BigCommerce for WordPress is the first ecommerce plugin to provide real-time rendering of data in AMP, leveraging both static and dynamic AMP components. Together, AMP and BigCommerce for WordPress deliver better page performance and higher search discoverability for your store.
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies and industry-leading brands, including Ben & Jerry’s, Carluccio’s, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony and Toyota. For more information, visit www.bigcommerce.com
BigCommerce® is a registered trademark of BigCommerce Pty. Ltd. Third-party trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners
Harriet King or Kirsty Leighton
Milk & Honey PR
020 3637 7310
Senior PR Manager at BigCommerce