October 2018, London, UK: Azimo, the digital money transfer service, is taking on high street banks with a new service for businesses. Azimo Business, which launches on October 19, will allow SME owners across the UK and Europe to pay for goods, salaries and investments in 189 countries and territories.
Azimo Business has been in beta testing since June. “We’ve had lots of fantastic feedback from customers,” said Mr Kent. “We’ve added more countries than we originally planned, we’ve lowered our fees, and we’ve made it much easier to register and get started.” Payments to China and Hong Kong have taken off particularly quickly, as more and more businesses choose suppliers there.
Azimo Business is available via desktop browsers and also on iOS and Android apps. While consumer mobile banking has improved dramatically in recent years, business payments have not followed suit, says Dan Martins, Azimo’s chief product officer:
“Our research shows that business owners are deeply frustrated by their banking apps. The modern entrepreneur isn’t in front of their laptop most of the time. They like to be able to send money in seconds, from the palm of their hand.”
- Azimo Business can be used to send money from 27 European countries to 189 countries and territories worldwide.
- Azimo Business promises delivery times within 24 hours to Poland, Pakistan, Nigeria, South Africa, the USA, Bangladesh, India, China and Hong Kong. Brokers and banks can take up to one week.
- The most popular sending countries in beta testing were the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain and France. The most popular receiving countries were Poland, China, Singapore, Pakistan, Hong Kong and South Africa.
- Several countries support multiple payout currencies. A worker in Poland, for instance, could be paid in PLN, GBP, EUR or USD.
- Azimo was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in London, UK and Krakow, Poland.
- Azimo’s last funding round of $20 million was led by Japanese bank Rakuten in May 2018.
- Azimo was added to the Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 in September 2018 at position number 34.
+44 0) 7812 211 403
Azimo is a digital money transfer service, based in London and Krakow, whose mission is to be the better way to share money around the world, improving millions of people’s lives. Azimo’s apps and website are the fastest, easiest and best-value way to send money to over 190 countries.